• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility between Mac and PC?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a project be takne back and forth between a Mac and PC in CS5.5? Are there any issues with doing this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen threads on this forum where folks say they have done it. There are a few effects that are on the PC that are not on the Mac. And the amount of memory, speed of the raid, kind of graphics card in use on both systems could have an effect. The best way to find out on your systems is to conduct a test before doing the actual project. That way you will know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to that! If your source files are located on a Mac formatted HDD then you need MacDrive software on Windows PC so that you can access the Mac HDD. I have done it before by saving FCP 7 project as an XML then opened the project in Premiere Pro CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are details of what does and doesn't translate between the operating systems:

"Cross-application workflow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can always relie on Todd having just the right link to address any question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I transfered from Windows 5.5 to Mac 4.0 the audio was out of sync but it did work. I had some problems saving the unused clips in the Project Manager. Maybe the preview files were too big? I transfer files back and forth between platforms with an external drive formatted as FAT32. Files can't be over 4gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try formatting it as ExFAT, both Mac and PC can read/write large files on that file system I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines