• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost side heads after import

Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been cleaning up a complicated, crufty template I inherited by starting with a very clean generic template and importing the elements I'm actually going to use.

I'm pretty much done, but in the new template all paragraphs are aligned at the left side head margin. The paragraph tag settings are identical (Across All Columns and Side Heads or In Column, as appropriate), as are the text frame settings (Room for Side Heads checked, width .75", gap .25", side Left).

In the old version, I can see the side head rules both on body pages and on master pages. In the new version, I see them only on master pages.

FrameMaker 10 unstructured. Any troubleshooting tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Sideheads are a flow property (effectively a document level property, not any individual text frame). If they were enabled in the MasterPage, but not showing on the Body pages, then the Body pages had an override (i.e. it was turned off there).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brought up a frame's properties in Body Pages view and Room for Side Heads was unchecked, so I checked it, and that fixed it throughout the document (single flow).

Is that expected behavior when you change to a master page with side heads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sideheads are a flow property (effectively a document level property, not any individual text frame). If they were enabled in the MasterPage, but not showing on the Body pages, then the Body pages had an override (i.e. it was turned off there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shouldn't the Room for Side Heads setting on the master page be applied if you select Remove Other Format/Layout Overrides when importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines