Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp crashes when working with Templates

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2006 Oct 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have RoboOffice X5. While working with templates in RoboHelp HTML the application crashes giving a memory reference error.

I designed an HTML page in Macromedia Dreamweaver. The page layout is designed using the DIV tags. The page also has a CSS file containing all the rules for the HTML elements in the Web page. I import this Web page in RoboHelp HTML as a new topic and then add it to the template gallery. It works fine this far. When I try to create a new topic using the template RoboHelp crashes. This even happens when I edit or delete the template.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hrmalik,

Three things come to mind. Have you set up Dreamweaver as your default editor (Under Tools | Options| HTML Editor. Does this problem occur only when you import the topic to the template gallery? What happens when you import the topic as an HTML File (using the File | Import | HTML File option)? I'm wondering why you need this file as a template - Robohelp templates do not work in the same way as Dreamweaver templates, they are normally just used to to add basic header and footer info - no where near as sophicated as Dreamweaver. Lastly, are you working with the project locally (good), rather than on the network (bad).

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Craig,

I'm using the RoboHelp WYSIWYG editor as default and I'm working with the project locally. The reason for using Dreamweaver is:

1) its designer - better than RoboHelp's
2) good support for CSS

I tried two methods for including the template in my project.

1) By importing it as a topic and then adding it to the gallery through the Right Click | Add to Template command.
2) By importing it directly as a template in the Templates area after renaming the .html file to .htt

The problem occurs when I create a new topic based on the template.

" I'm wondering why you need this file as a template - Robohelp templates do not work in the same way as Dreamweaver templates, they are normally just used to to add basic header and footer info - no where near as sophicated as Dreamweaver. "

What I wanted to do was design a layout and a set of text formattings that I can use for some of my topics (in a similar fashion as we do in Dreamweaver). But, as you have said, if RoboHelp templates are only for adding basic headers and footers then I guess that is the reason behind the crashing of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp