• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vicious circle with Flash PLayer

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Windows 7 64 bit system on a resonably good computor. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash Player without a problem. However when I visit a well known website it informs me that Flash Player is not installed and it provides me with a link to adobe.com to install the latest version. I click on the link as there is clearly a problem and am redirected to your website. The new download begins, but when 50% through it tells me a newer version is detected and the download stops. I check my system and yes the original Flash Player is still there, so I re-visit the web page and same problem, it is telling me there is no Flash Player installed and this vicious circle does not stop. I have been to your help and support pages and have tried everything. Uninstalling, deleting through system32 and systemmacromeda, stand alone downloads, nothing works. All windows and microsoft updates are up to date and my nvidia graphics card has the latest driver, this same problem also occurred with the previous driver. I hope you can help.......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

What browser do you use?

What is the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In C:Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash I have the following:

Flash64_11_1_102.ock

FlashInstall

FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX

In C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash I have the following:

Flash11e.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX

I am using Internet Explorer 9

The web address is www.readingeggs.com.au, then I log in and click on the enter button the left and that's when I am told I have no flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version of Flash Player is out, do a clean install: How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

If that does not solve your problem, ensure that the Shockwave Flash Object is enabled: Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

If that does not solve your problem, ensure that ActiveX filtering is unchecked: Re: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Carl,

The problem is now fixed, I think overall it was he active x filtering, thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will help fore GREEN SCREEN after a update

A while back when they did something and i couldn't watch the Young & The Restless online,was getting green screen. 

The fix is however simple. While you are on a video page, right click anywhere inside the Flash Player and choose settings. Now click the first tab that says Display (look for the monitor icon) and uncheck “Enable Hardware Acceleration.

GOOD  LUCK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines