Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox browser issue

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a help system  that I created in Robohelp HTML 9 output to WebWorks as an xpj. The bulleted and numbered lists display properly in IE7. When I access the same help system in Firefox 4.0.1 the bullets are on top each line rather than next to them. Numbers appear too close to the beginning of each line. Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a "quick" fix?

Thanks,

EWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the CSS for your lists to see if there is anything like

list-style-position:inside;

OR

list-style-position:outside;

Also create some webhelp from RoboHelp without using WebWorks to see if you get the same problem.

It's not a problem I have seen posted, hence asking you to avoid WebWorks by way of a test.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. I did not see these in the style sheet.

list-style-position:inside;

OR

list-style-position:outside;

How do I create webhelp from Robohelp without Webworks?

Thanks,

EWF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locate the Single Source Layouts pod and open the WebHelp layout.

Go with the defaults for this purpose. It may not look as you would want but it will have all the topics. Check out those that have this problem with WebWorks and see if it is the same.

If it is, then we will look into the problem.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you. I tried the Single Source Layout and the results were the same. Bullets are on the text in Firefox, ok in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this document look like the problem? http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/Make_CSS_list%20styles_work_RH8.pdf

I'm thinking maybe you have defined a paragraph style as a list style and Firefox is telling you it doesn't like that.

Take a look at the document and then post back if still stuck. At that point some screenshots would help. Use the camera icon that you will see in the reply window.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: It turned out to be a .css issue. The indents had to be tweaked so that both FireFox and IE could use the lists. I like these kinds of solutions!

Thanks for your input.

EWF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Single Source Layouts recipes to create your WebHelp in the project's \!SSL!\ folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp