4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 4:28 AM by JodayCT RSS

Elements 9  how to install a new font

JodayCT

I have photoshop elements 9 and am wondering how to install a new font.  I installed a new font into my Windows system, but Elements did not pick it up.

• 1. Re: Elements 9  how to install a new font
          Brett N Employee Hosts

What type of font is this? Where did you get it from (reputable source)? Are you using any font management utilities? Does the font appear in other applications?

• 2. Re: Elements 9  how to install a new font
            JodayCT Community Member

I am using Windows XP.  I downloaded the font from www.fontmaniac.com -- it is their "batang" font and it is true type.  I used the Windows utility that comes up when you go to control panel-->Appearance and Themes.  On the left bar there is a "file folder" that says Fonts and there is the option to add a font in there.  The font is now in the folder and my MS Word 2001 shows it.  However it does not appear in Elements 9.

I notice that Elements 9 does have a few fonts that I have installed over time.  I'm not sure what I did to get them there.  However, Elements does not have all the fonts that are showing in my system fonts folder.

• 3. Re: Elements 9  how to install a new font
              Brett N Employee Hosts

I downloaded and installed the font you mention. I was able to find it in the font list inside Photoshop Elements, however, it doesn't appear in the list alphabetically. It is way down at the bottom grouped with some Japanese fonts. This has something to do with how the font is coded.

Try this, instead of looking for "batang" on the list of fonts, just type in the name of the font at the top of the list:

Untitled-1.jpg

• 4. Re: Elements 9  how to install a new font
                JodayCT Community Member

It was there !   I had never wandered that far down the font list before.  Thank you so much.