• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - The folder, C:\..., is missing from your project...

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the error message:

RoboHelp HTML

The folder, <filepath here>, is missing from your project folder and will be recreated.  Files from that folder will be shown as missing.  Pleae delete the folder properly from Project Manager.

1.  I am using  RoboHelp 8

2.  I never tried to delete said folder in any way

3.  The folder exists with all the files that should be there in the project folder.

It may be related or not, but

4.  There are four topics that come up in my broken links that do not seem to be in any way related to the above

- The last time I made changes, I did not delete any topics

5.  Trying to do anything results in RoboHelp crashing.

I inherited this Help File (which is very poorly organized)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post to the RH HTML forum as it is not related to the webhelp output.

In this forum you will see a rash of posts about this problem that provide the answer. See Opening RH Projects on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the steps outlined at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/opening/opening_projects.htm.

1.  Renaming the cpd file resulted in a significant amount of deleted files

2.  I proceeded to opening the .fpj file.  Opening this, it only lists top level folders.  It did not lost sub-folders or htm files

3.  HHP File -

a.  At first glance, I don't see significant damage.

b.  I opened the HHP file and ran the unused file report.  This resulted in a file about 50 pages long.

- looking at the file, it lists a directory, Utilities\Options.  All of the files located in this directory are also located within the two sub-directories located in Utilities\Options\System and Utilities\Options\User.  I have confirmed that duplicate files exist.  This appears to be the issue in a number of cases, the top level directories (such as <project name>\Utilities) contains duplicate copies of all files located in sub-directories

- if I can confirm that all the files listed in the unused files report are duplicates, is it safe to delete them?  How?

- could this be a possible cause to my issues?

Utilities\Options

1.png

Utilities\Options\System_Options

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I proceeded to opening the .fpj file.  Opening this, it only lists top level folders.  It did not lost sub-folders or htm files

Each FPJ shows only the sub-folders and files hanging off that folder.

Folder1

Folder2

Folder3

Folder4

folder1.fpj will list the topics in folder1 and the folders - folder2 and folder3. It will not contain any reference to folder4, that will be in the FPJ for Folder 3.

Did you edit the FPJ?

If you are 100% sure, you delete the duplicates using Windows Explorer. Personally I would either backup the project first or archive those files somewhere just in case you later find you were wrong. I notice the file dates are different.

Duplicate topics should not cause a problem, other than confusing you and your users.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I'm also having this problem. I tried opening a project this morning and got the error message. I went through your Opening Projects document and have had no luck.

I renamed the CPD file and opened the project.

I cannot access any topics.

I opened the FPJ files for each subfolder and found no files missing.

Any ideas?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RoboHelp are you using and what patches are applied? Look in Help > About.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8. Not sure about the patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Help > About to get the exact version #

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help will tell you. It is vital to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry Peter, I don’t see anything referring to patches. The version number is 8.0.2.208

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Just got worse. Originally I couldn’t access any topics in one of my projects. Just tried the others and they’re all in the same state. I can access the other xpj files without generating the error message, but once in I can’t access any topics. My entire suite of projects is down.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did a System Restore and everything seems to be working. Breathing deeply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised as it sounded very much like the bug described on my site and that 802 fixed. I would make sure you have good backups while you can.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find 802? Future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ if your Help > Updates isn't working - just remember that Adobe updates are sequential & not cumulative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas

Earlier you said your Help > About reported: The version number is 8.0.2.208

The 802 is installed.

The version number is 8.0.2.208

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having one of those “Now I really feel stupid” moments. They’re kinda common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. We all do it. The important thing is your project is fixed, albeit under your own steam.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp