• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting RH 5 Word to RH 8 Word and then to RH 8 HTML broken links

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone encountered problems getting the authorable button links to work when converting from RH 8 Word to RH 8 HTML and found a solution? The hot spot image links work great. The Related Topics links work great. However, i can't get the authorable button links to convert successfully as hyperlinks when I convert from RH8 Word to RH8 HTML. RH 8 HTML only retains the button image when I convert. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "authorable button links"?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Images folder, there is a folder of Authorable Buttons with macro properties that link to another topic. These authorable buttons are supposed to convert and work within the new HTML topic when I convert but no matter which settings or HLP or HPJ I select, I cannot successfully convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling on this one as it is so long since I used RoboHelp for Word and produced WinHelp. It sounds like what you are describing might be what is known as See Also in RoboHelp HTML. Where are you seeing something that says the should convert?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know what you mean about Word - first I had Robohelp Word 5 projects to convert to Robohelp Word 8 and now I'm trying to get them rolled over to RoboHelp HTML 8. The Adobe Help for RoboHelp HTML says when importing hlp or hpg files to HTML that the conversion maintains the authorable buttons - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WSAB61F3B3-44DF-4a6e-91D9-BB9E6DFC8458.html

One of the files successfully converted with the authorable buttons becoming hyperlinks but the other three that I've tried are not converting - RH just brings the button image over without a link or even an HTML reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I see the OLH does indeed say they should convert and you have one project that does do that. If you cannot find the difference I wonder if this idea would work, it will likely depend on the project size. What you could do is create a CHM from RoboHelp for Word and then reverse engineer that into RoboHelp HTML. Whether or not the end result is acceptable is another matter but it is a fairly quick process.

I am sorry I cannot help with the real underlying problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do that and failed. I ran the chm build and then couldn't view it nor access it because here in this environment the IT department blocks chm files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Egh? The CHM would be on your hard drive. That prompts me to check that with RoboHelp HTML you are working with projects on your local drive? See Snippets on my site for the reasons. Feel free to ask more.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp