• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attribute validation error for tag CFQUERY

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CF application that's running fine on a shared host. I now have a VPS running version of CF 9. When I try to use this on the VPS, I get the following error:

Attribute validation error for tag CFQUERY.

The value of the attribute datasource, which is currently '', is invalid.

The datasource is being set in application.cfc, and again works just fine in the shared environment.

The only differences is the shared is running on Windows, and the VPS is Linux. Also, the Windows is running version 9,0,1,274733 and the Linux is 9,0,0,251028

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

If the file in question really is called "application.cfc" then that is your problem.  It's supposed to be "Application.cfc".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file in question really is called "application.cfc" then that is your problem.  It's supposed to be "Application.cfc".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bbholdem wrote:

I have a CF application that's running fine on a shared host. I now have a VPS running version of CF 9. When I try to use this on the VPS, I get the following error:

Attribute validation error for tag CFQUERY.

The value of the attribute datasource, which is currently '', is invalid.

The cause of the error is obvious. Somewhere in your application, the cfquery tag is used as follows, with an empty string as datasource:

<cfquery datasource="">

</cfquery>

That is a mistake. The error message should tell you where that occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll be what Adam says - as it's linux it's case sensitive, so hasn't run your application.cfc and set the datasource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation