Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.6 horribly unresponsive

Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash builder 4.6 (and have used prior versions of flash builder as well) with a flex/actionscript project on a Windows 7, 64 bit box.  Flash Builder itself (not the launched application) is horribly slow and unresponsive.  I do not have the auto build turned on or design mode on

Here are some of the problems I regularly have:

- Opening the window, if it has been minimized, and clicking anywhere on it causes the window to be greyed out and have the "(not responding)" message added to its title bar.  It starts working after 15 seconds.

- Using the arrow keys to move up and down in a .as or .mxml file is jerky.  I.e., some keystrokes move at the rate I hit them, but others pause, wait a few seconds, and then move.  This also occurs with mouse actions.

- Using code navigation like F3 or <CTRL>-<SHIFT>-G causes Flash Builder to pause while it thinks.  In the case of <CTRL>-<SHIFT>-G, it pauses so long that one thinks there are no references (because the search starts with 0 results).

- Building code within flash builder takes minutes.  Even the modification of a single file takes forever.

In general, I've found working with Flash Builder one of the worst development experiences (I've worked with Eclipse for the last 6 years, VIM, & Visual Studio too) I've had.

These are the installed components:

Adobe Data Modeling Core Components 4.5.304901.v20110217 com.adobe.model.feature.core.feature.group Adobe Systems Incorporated

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.4.0.20110615-0550 epp.package.java null

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations NLS Support 3.7.0.v20110716043402 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.nl1_3.7.0.v20110716043402 Adobe Systems Incorporated

org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache NLS Support 3.7.0.v20110716043402 org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache.nl1_3.7.0.v20110716043402 Adobe Systems Incorporated

RDS Core and Database Components 4.5.304901.v20110217 com.adobe.rds.feature.feature.group Adobe Systems Incorporated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution, but I get similar results. I use a new 27" imac with bootcamp Win7 x64, and the response time is appalling, although not as bad as you are having. When I boot into the OSX part and use FB4.6 there, it is absolutely fine. I am getting a second or two of non-response when adding variables and generally slow otherwise when using Windoze only.

I'm pretty critical, but when FB is working well, like in OSX, it is quite good for me.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems with some .as files. The compiler/formatter/assistant seems to hang, consuming 100% cpu (or 25% on my quad-core) and blocking the UI. Each keystroke / click takes 10-15 seconds. The cursor flashes very slowly. Sometimes the window goes white with "not responding" in the title bar.

I have not yet been able to pinpoint the problem precisely or reproduce with a simple code sample, but it seems to happen when

a)  your code contains inline (anonymous) functions and

b) you have typed an opening bracket but no closing bracket yet -  ( ), { }, [ ].

The situation continues until the brackets are balanced.

Can either of you confirm that this is so in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon

I have the same issue. Working with fb 4.6 is nightmare. Especially with mxml files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does run better on OSX, but the build times have gotten out of hand and are killing productivity. Another problem I see frequently with the Windows version are Heap errors, JVM out of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there still no solutions to this issue? This is by far the most sluggish and unresponsive adobe product I've experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I was the same terrible and sluggish issue with FlashBuilder 4.6 with Windows 8.1. By one week I couldn't work on anything.

Then I found a service called GbpSv, used by home banking websites to protect against Java threats.

When I kill and delete this service, FB start works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Flash Builder days in row, and FB 4.6 is having all the laughs. it does not open, it gives a pop up on .log files which is not existing.

Screenshot_Flashbuilder error.pngI'm basically left with no solutions. can not open FB.

Any solutions anyone? do I have uninstall and reinstall or is there a way to repair the directory if there is any at all ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines