• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash update causing cursor to stick?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing a Flash Player update yesterday to version 11.1.102.62, I now am experiencing weird problems with my cursor "sticking". At first I thought it was just in flash based games, but it seems to do it in all applications. This is annoying when I'm working, and downright frustrating when gaming.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything that can be done to fix it? I am considering uninstalling the upgrade and going back to the older version if that is possible? I am using Mac OS 10.6.8 (64-bit) on an intel based iMac.

On the upside, I notices a new settings pane in my system prefs for security settings for Flash Player which is great, so I would prefer to make this upgrade work if at all possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

I haven't seen this.  So your saying that your cursor is sticking, even when you're not using a browser?  For example, it just sticks when using something like Mail with Safari closed?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have Mail and Chrome open in the background so that may have been affecting the whole system. It is only affecting my browser now (especially bad in flash-based games). It's possible it's not a Flash issue, but perhaps a strange intermittent lag problem in my internet connection.

However, before I go yelling at my ISP (who is not generallty prone to laggy service like this) I would like to try uninstalling the upgrade to see if things go back to normal. Can you tell me how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind... this question can be deleted. I uninstalled Flash and the problem still existed (got worse, in fact); turned off all browsers, disconnected from the internet, and the problem continued. Turns out my mouse cable is frayed almost through - time to go wirelss I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines