Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHOVE MCAFEE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, silly, uncheck the box next to McAfee!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then use the offline installer

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It installed the McAfee for me while updating Flash Player. That was really sneaky...

No help needed at all. Adobe WTF???

THE CUSTOMER would like you to stop doing things like that.

Thank you for helping me broaden my horizons

PS. There was no option to not install McAfee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doobukis wrote:

There was no option to not install McAfee.

The option is on the download page, not the installer panel:

fpdl.PNG

If you don't want to be bothered with optional downloads, use the offline installer from the link that Richard provided earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing the option to uncheck Mcafee with the latest version of

Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235 (8.33 MB)

but the size seems to indicate might still be present.

Can we get some official response if it's still there and Adobe is hiding it or some explanation s to the size of the installer?

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8251/fpuncheckmcafee.jpghttp://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8251/fpuncheckmcafee.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank,

What operating system and browser are you using?  Do you have any addon's enabled that might alter the webpage (ad blocker, etc.)?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reproduced it on Firefox.  Looking into this and will report back asap.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, from my testing this is working correctly.  You don't see the 3rd party add on because it's not being offered to you.  The size increase is due to the 64 bit installer actually providing both the 32 and 64 bit installs.

I've verified this on both win 7x64 and win xp using Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reputable companies use intertia selling, or various forms of tricks to get customers to inadvertantly download unwanted software, they take a step along the path towards disreputability. It cuts both the 'host'- in this case Adobe, and the 'parasite' - in this case McAfee. Reputable companies and those with integrity don't need to stoop to these tactics - because if you lie down with dogs enough you'll get fleas. Someone at Adobe needs to take heed as this has been going on a long time, and there have been lots of complaints but they are ignored and that really doesn't do anything positive for the reputation of the business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McAfee installation is NOT optional: Installation is enabled by default. What IS optional is to take the specific action and opt OUT of the installation.

I think the three questions that are properly relevant are:

Why is unrelated and unnecessary software being distributed with Flash player in the first place?

Why is its installation enabled by default?

Why is the software so awful that it has to be distributed in this way, rather than it being simply offered as a truly optional opt-IN addtion or, even better, simply offered separately on its OWN merit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris. I'm happy to repeat myself here, as that only answers the first of those quesitons, which is that Adobe foists this rubbish on its users because gets a kickback for every instance of the parasiteware that is installed.

You also make the obvious oint that one can take specific action to avoid the malware.

What your reply does not say is:

Why is its installation enabled by default?

Why is the software so awful that it has to be distributed in this way, rather than it being simply offered as a truly optional opt-IN addtion or, even better, simply offered separately on its OWN merit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as though they have taken another step below the surface to lower corporate integrety and I used to have the highest regard for both companies. My update did not offer me any custom setting, did not have any McAfee logo or question nor any boxes what-so-ever, they just dropped unwanted software on me. Thanks Adobe for treating your customers like this. Was there any real reason for the update or is it just a tactic to make money?

Even if you had a box to check, there is no way you are going to wiggle arround the fact that you are trying to trick your customers. if you weren't, you would not make that the default but rather come out very clearly and ask, "would you like us to down load McAfee software on your computer?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS MESSAGE IS MEANT FOR ADOBE PERSONEL -- OTHER USER TO USER READERS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS WARNING TO ADOBE REGARDING RELEASING A PAYLOAD VIRUS WITH THEIR ADOBE FLASH PRODUCT.

I am so disgusted with Adobe now that I am not going to be upgrading to your new cloud line, ever. We will use Windows 8 x64 for the rest of our existense if that means not giving another dime to Adobe because TODAY, ADOBE INFECTED MY MACHINES WITH A PAYLOAD VIRUS IN THE FORM OF MCAFEE CRAPPOLAWARE.

I just installed an update to Flash and after doing so like I've done dozens of time realized that ADOBE INCLUDED A PAYLOAD VIRUS ALONG WITH THE FLASH PLAYER. NAMELY MCAFEE CRAPPOLAWARE .

Isn't anyone at Adobe aware of the HORRID REPUTATION that McAfee software has? If not then someone needs to do some research because DEFAULTING the McAfee install to checked|yes just cost you a long time, well paying, multi-user customer, for life. That is how much I hate PAYLOAD VIRI.

Change your horrid ways Adobe, this is going to make your reputation go strait down the tubes with the people that you need a lot more than you need McAfee. I don't want any calls from sales telling me how sorry they are blah blah blah, We are through with you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another unsatisfied "customer" here. Please, don't include McCrappie with anything. If you want us to benefit from an antivirus then please include either (Snortin) Norton or Kaspersky. Thank you for reading this and please, please, please, get away from MyCoffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to the people that get the check box, you're the lucky ones. I wasn't given that option. It installed McAfkd anyway.

In the words of Lords of Acid, altered for this situation, "Adobe, you suck." Original line is, "Tommy, you suck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here, here!  And it's still happening.  I got the unwanted McAfee via an upgrade today, and wasn't offered the opt out button as I had been before.  Further down the path of disreputability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sick and tired of Adobe.

Stop bunding Mcafee with all your software, or at least uncheck that box, or if that's too much have it remember what option i selected last patch!

I unchecked that stupid box 3 days ago. Now you're patching again to fix yet another bug and once again that box is auto checked.

Kindly sod off and die

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines