• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12% download timeout on Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you google '12% download timeout on adobe' you will see that a few people including myself are getting this now.

Any ideas what is causing it and how it can be rectified ?

It's causing me loads of problems because I cant get into any websites that use Flash Player making my PC as useful as a chocolate teapot for accessing the internet.

I've tried uninstalling,installing until I'm blue in the face but it's always 12% and that's you're lot, its not being installed.

Got to be something missing from our PC's  for me and the other people getting this.

I have a Dell Dimension 5000,windows XP and IE8.

Help please.     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gazcrox wrote:

If you google '12% download timeout on adobe' you will see that a few people including myself are getting this now.

If you google this forum, most likely you will find the alternate download link http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Did you try this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling your antivirus (guard and webguard, I use Avira). It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this problem on my network.  On the page with the yellow "download" link or before, hit the compatability button on the top (looks like a broken page).  Then hit download after it finishes re-loading.  My guess is that they haven't updated their downloader to work with the features of the new updates of the new browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply, can't see anything that looks like a broken page. Any chance of a screen print ?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the problem is getting all of the download just go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html  and download the appropriate zip file of the version you want and then install it. Be careful to use the readme file to decide which files to install for your operating system and browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to fix it for you is the open IE(Internet Explorer)

Then on the top right corner you see Tools,click on that then choose Internet Options

Then Connection tab then click LAN settings

Lastly Uncheck Automatically detect settings

Then click ok

Now GO back to mozzila firefox and download it

I tried it and works for my computer it said use to say timeout at 7% or 47%

Now its 7% then 8% and onn.

ENJOY

If it works you can brag it to others.

Message was edited by: Mrhelper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is 1½ years old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  My attempts at downloading the Adobe Flash Player kept timing out at 17% to 47% - and when I made the IE change you recommend to turn off automatic detection of LAN settings, the installation worked first time.  I am so grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines