Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I reported this bug over 1 year ago, still not fixed. MAJOR ISSUE: Type lag

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you have a large file like 30,000 lines of code or longer, you can get type lag which takes several seconds between typing.  The longer the file, the more type lag you get.  This is very annoying since I can do 5+ keyboard clicks a second, yet it takes time to register. 

I can provide a 500,000 line of dummy code if someone wants to fix this at Adobe.

My theory is that all Adobe needs to do is provide a "Dumb text editor mode", where it doesn't check for autocorrections/indent/etc.  Scite and Notepad can edit near infinite text files with no type lag, so it isn't like I'm asking for a lot.

I reported this type lag bug over a year ago.  It makes editing very large annoyingly difficult and slow.

Adobe, can we get some love for large ap developers?  Even an update on the status of this bug would be nice.

,Jim Sager III

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it be more sensible to break up the code into classes and then use subclasses where you can?

30,000 lines of code to me, in and of itself, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Do you follow any design patterns, or utilize architectual designs like MVC?

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find MVC development is slower than proceedural.  And I don't like to force OO where it isn't needed. 

The problem is a bug in Flashbuilder, not my coding style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines