• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AC3 support!!!

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work mostly with video and I enjoy using AA for the audio portion. It's a bit of a pain though with no direct AC3 support.

Can we have this?
TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed many times, though not recently. In short: not likely to happen, due to Audition's delightfully economical cost and Dolby's less-than-economical licensing fees and requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that before and I find it hard to believe. Ulead Movie factory 6 (an off-the-shelf $75 consumer video editor/burner) has AC3 import/export ability. Sony Vegas Pro 8 (video editor) has AC3 import/export/edit abilities.... I can go on with this list but I think you get the point. Granted there are a few restrictions but they are relatively minor. None the less I don't see why audition can't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget about Adobe.

They never listen to their costumers.

I reported Adobe to many software critics & it's horrible nightmare for Adobe.

Here, download this AC-3/DTS filter:

http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ac3filter/ac3filter_audition_0_1a.zip

AC3Filter Audition plugin allows CoolEdit / Adobe Audition to read AC3 and DTS files and write AC3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I reported Adobe to many software critics & it's horrible nightmare for Adobe.

I'd fully expect them to attach just as much significance to anything you say as we do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they don't.
Hahahaha.
You know steve, Adobe audio video products is always at end of the list.
The best Pro Video Editor 2007 was Sony Vegas Pro 8.
Also, the second high-end competitor is Avid Media Composer, then Apple Finale Cut.
The Audio Editors competitors are: Steinberg WaveLab Essential 6 & Sony Sound Forge 9.
They always update their products with the latest codecs & add more features to their products.

But Adobe don't, just a loser.
Adobe Premier Pro CS3 Review from PC World:
Cons
* Lacks AVCHD support
* Even with DVD authoring app, still have to render

Premiere Elements 4: Rate: 82 out of 100:
* Revised interface eliminates some useful features
* Settings for YouTube upload can't be adjusted

Corel Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus Rate 84 out of 100

SEE, Corel Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus is better than Premiere Elements 4.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/139275/adobe_premiere_elements_4_video_editor.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/133300/corel_ulead_videostudio_11_plus_and_pinnacle_systems_studio_11_ultimate.html

Adobe only can counts on Photoshop CS3 Ex & Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The Audio Editors competitors are: Steinberg WaveLab Essential 6 & Sony Sound Forge 9.

Unfortunately for you, nobody takes any notice of these 'ratings' in the real world at all. You can get a far more effective indicator of software popularity, as rated by searches, by looking at

http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/popularity.htm

and you will find that although Audition has a lower ranking than it did a couple of years ago, Sound Forge, and especially Wavelab feature somewhat lower still - that only accounts for 9% of all Steinberg searches, so it doesn't even figure on the main list at all. And if you proportion the searches up against individual products, Audition gets closer to Cubase anyway.

At least this way, we get some sort of an independent idea of how different programs are really doing, as compared to your pointless ranting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHAHAHAHA...
WHO CARES ABOUT POPULARITY?
PEOPLE CARES ABOUT QUALITY.
YOU KNOW, AUDITION IS JUST LIKE IPHONE, POPULAR, BUT TERRIBLE PDA PHONE.
AUDITION TOO IN FEATURES.
WHAT ABOUT PREMIER PRO & PREMIER ELEMENTS?
YOU JUST TALKING POINTLESS.
VIDEO MAKER & PC WORLD JUST BURNED ADOBE PRODUCTS.
OTHER CRITICS TOO.
READ THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT HYDROGEN AUDIO MASTERS SAYING ABOUT DURIN, YOUR AUDITION ENGINEER:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=55784&st=120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>READ THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT HYDROGEN AUDIO MASTERS SAYING ABOUT DURIN, YOUR AUDITION ENGINEER

I was more interested in reading what they had to say about you!

"FYI, Sina was banned from this site for being a complete idiot"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>"FYI, Sina was banned from this site for being a complete idiot"

They were quite polite, really, weren't they? I couldn't recommend breeding from him at all - even if he was capable of it, which seems dubious.

I mean, what does he do around here? Slags off everything, never offers any constructive help at all to anybody, and can't write proper English. Let's face it, he doesn't serve any useful function at all. He certainly doesn't process audio for a living - I mean, would you employ somebody like him? Not if you wanted any customers left...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...
They think we are just idiots, all of us.
They thing they are gods of audio business.
Are you idiot Runway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>They thing they are gods of audio business.

Compared to you, they are... compared to you my deaf grandmother would be - and she's dead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I know you hate me, but I don't care.
It's just your opinion.
I just want a good support from Adobe, that's all.
Why should waste my time for nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Why should waste my time for nothing?

It's not your time I care about - it's everybody else's, having to read the garbage you write on every other forum where you lower the tone. They are the real victims; your inconsiderate behaviour gets nobody anywhere at all. It gets you nowhere either, so why the F.H. do you do it?

>It's just your opinion.

No it's not. When I said "Slags off everything, never offers any constructive help at all to anybody, and can't write proper English" that was based on observing your behaviour here, and not an opinion at all. And on top of that, I haven't heard a single, solitary voice in support of you, either.

>Steve, I know you hate me

Wrong about that too - I despise your behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right steve, we are victims because adobe don't listen to costumers.
adobe didn't add AAC,AC-3,AMR support in Audition 3.
Then, I contact Alex @ ac3filter.net about Audition & he developed AC3Filter for Audition.
& again, I contact Igor @ http://blog.monogram.sk/janos & he developed AMR filter for Audition.
& again & again, I contact Igor for new LAME filter for Audition.
Why, because of terrible support from adobe.
Adobe suffers Audition users so terrible.
How much cost LAME & FLAC filters for adobe?
FLAC is a free file format.
IDK what's wrong with adobe.
adobe don't cares about the quality of products, just revenue like Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment back for Durin:
...and stereo mode is magically capable of an exact reproduction??? lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a high and mighty view of your role in any of this, haven't you? Let's take Igor, for instance - what he has to say about this is:

>I have received some requests for writing a plugin for Adobe Audition.

and that will be the same for any plugin writer - they wouldn't do this on the basis of a single request at all. Any of us could make these requests if we really wanted to - and obviously some people have. And they would have done this for themselves - not for any altruistic reasons at all. Your general demeanour isn't to be genuinely helpful in the slightest - you are just selfish.

>You're right steve, we are victims because adobe don't listen to costumers. adobe didn't add AAC,AC-3,AMR support in Audition 3.

That's because they made available a SDK - just so that people could write extensions for it. We've told you all this before; it's you that doesn't listen, not Adobe. And if Adobe had to develop all this code that just a few people might want, then the overall cost of the software for everybody would be increased. So, fortunately for the rest of us, they have more sense than to listen to the likes of you. You're not a victim - you're just plain ignorant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To  resolve the issue once and for all, I went to school, learned a lot, I  studied some programming languages and now3 yeasr after, I´m able to write my own plugins for  Adobe Audition. It was the best way I found. Today  I can Encode, Decode Open, Close, Save , Destroy .... (lol).. .my audios in Dolby 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, DTS,(thes othes flavors of Dolby if for me, with Stereo LFE and Stereo Surround Back) and even wrote an old  Quadraphonic, as they were in the 80s, just for fun!

As said SteaveG, Adobe makes software for audio editing and don'ts plugins.

What a pity that we users have to make us so much work and effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon,

Are your awesome-sounding plugins available for download or purchase?  I know it's been a while since you posted....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Em 17/03/2011 01:11, formsofair13 escreveu:

Hi Leon,

Are your awesome-sounding plugins available for download or purchase? I know it's been a while since you posted....

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry by the enormous time to write here again, but i came for this forum , only when i can´t rewsolve by myself the isues tha comes out . I actually haviong ptoblems with 5.1 files encoded in audution 5.5, not play corretely in PP5.5.

But the plugin i wrote was good only in Pentium 4 processors,and especifically audio hardware tha came in thar mobo, because the microcodes i used.

You have to see that i want to resolve my problems as fast as i can ... No commercial thougths tropugh my mind .... he he he he ....

Today I´ve been using a dual opteron machine, witn a asus asio csounf card, in 64 bits enviroment, and audio card came with all plugins ans i very gook 5.1 encoder /decoder.

So ai descontinued tha work . Recently i wrote a driver for a webcam in windows 8, becaouse none of windows7  drives runs corretely. But I'm having a lot of work on my main activity that is post-production sound for movies, commercials, video clips and so on. and I must confess that the development of basic software is no longer a priority, then it is increasingly rare for me to write some software. In all, a big hug for you.

Best regards,

Leon Unger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are just lame-plain ignorant too steve.
OK, I'm convinced.
adobe can develop & sell AC-3/DTS, AMR filters as separate plug-ins.
But AAC should be supported as native filter, because of iTunes.
What about FLAC & LAME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>You are just lame-plain ignorant too steve.

Unlike you, I have some evidence to support my claim; i.e, you are still exhibiting it in spades:

>adobe can develop & sell AC-3/DTS, AMR filters as separate plug-ins.
But AAC should be supported as native filter, because of iTunes.
What about FLAC & LAME?

You just don't get it, do you? Adobe develop editing software, not filters. Adding support for filters is somebody else's problem, not Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Are you idiot Runway?

I guess if the definition of idiot is that I can spell, form a cohesive sentence and waste my time having anything to do with someone who is clearly the poster boy for all idiots?

Then so be it.

I'm looking under the bridge and all I see is a troll!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2008 Jul 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest using the forum's "ignore" feature where appropriate.

(There's no button - you just, er, ignore).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines