• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed "new update available" yesterday, Flash stopped working

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the detected new update available for Flash and my player stopped working entirely. I uninstalled. When I tried to re-install the plug-in for IE, I'm getting an error message Actionlist not found when the Flash Player installer is "Retrieveing." I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and attempted to install the Flash Plug-in there. First, it wouldn't install automatically, then when I tried to download it manually, I get the same error message from the Flash Player Installer...Actionlist not found. Help. Assignment due at 11:30pm....can't watch required videos for class. Panicking.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. It did not work for me. I did, however, notice a post in the "more like this" block on the right that did work: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3852076#3852076 Thanks again :o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly thge same thing happened to me (Windows 7 64bit) and my installation of PsS CS5 has also been disabled in some way. Help anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I have Windows 64-bit and the lastest version of flash doesn't work on Firefox but working for IE & Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys try that link I posted as a reply? It worked for both my IE and Firefox. I had to download the .EXE IE version for IE and the .EXE Plug-in based browser version for Firefox, but both are working great now. This is the direct link to the download page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Good luck. I know how incredibly frustrating it is. I hope it works for you too.

-L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I'm afraid this was one of the options I tried and it didn't work. I suspect a wrecked registry from multiple installation attempts. A rollback simply prevented windows from booting so I've done a complete fresh windows install. Everything is now working and that's the story of my lost week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines