• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving data into backup database using CF9

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use ColdFusion to write queries to save data to my main database tables as well as save the same data into my backup database tables. So if our main site goes down I can send users to the backup site (on a different server) and know that the data is current. This is easy to do as long as the backup server is up and running, but if the backup goes down then the main site will throw errors and prevent the pages from loading past the error. I have the tables set up using the federated engine in mysql, so I would assume ColdFusion would just get a response that the table is inaccessable. So then how can I setup an cfif statement to ignore a cfquery if the table cannot be accessed?

I'm trying to avoid having the setup triggers on the mysql side to save into the backup database, as this would be a monstorus task and not even sure if possible considering I'm getting coldfsuion to poplute what data needs to get inserted, updated, etc.

Thanks, jo

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jo, I’m afraid you’ve asked this question in the wrong place. This is the CFBuilder forum (about the editor/IDE pf that name). What you’ve asked is a CF question (the server, not the editor), which instead should go to the forums for that (http://forums.adobe.com/community/coldfusion). And I’d recommend you ask it on the Admin forum, specifically:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/coldfusion/coldfusion_administration

Hope that’s helpful, though I realize it’s not the answer you sought.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation