• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting text to appear on top of Image In InDesign 5

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to get some text to appear on top of an image in InDesign 5. I did fiddle with layers but it doesn't appear to have multiple layers.

Could someone walk me through making this work?

Appreciate the help!

Brian

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

The text would need to be above the image in the stacking order. You can put it on its own layer, or just move it up above the image in the existing layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

And make sure there’s no text wrap applied to the image.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text would need to be above the image in the stacking order. You can put it on its own layer, or just move it up above the image in the existing layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Levine wrote:

Or set the Text Frame Options for the frame with your text that needs to be above the image to "Ignore Text Wrap." You might need wrap on the image for other purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was extremely helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beautiful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that even if I turn the image off in layers, the text fiend does not sho up. In other words, if I create a text field outside the printable area for the boot, the text is displayed, but when I drag it into the printable area, the text goes blank.

Let me get this one thing straight though: But draging the text layer entry above the image layer entry, the text layer would thus be above and on top(visable).??

But it's not working as a result of the above mentioned. I still seems to have something to do with the image layer that exists on the page.

Ooops! Bob, you hit the nail on the head. Although there was no text wrap spacing added, the text wrap was on. So, selecting a particular image and removing "text wrap" only applies the attributes only to that image. All other images still have text wrap on.....which is what I want.

Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn off the text wrap o r ignore it for that text frame? That sounds like your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I just selected the image and then turned off text wrap via the text wrap option of my workspace in the right pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 years later, was having the same problem. I just feel so dumb. Thanks for the help guys 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I felt that similar problem  i just want to ignore text wrap for particular text frame . pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines