I searched the adobe site and ended up at the following place:
There I have to buy support for what seems to me a bug in Acrobat/Reader X?
- All versions 7.X-9.X under all OSs (XP, Vista, 7) work with the plugin.
- Also WinXP (don't know about vista) with acrobat X is working
=> Is there a different way to open a formal support case without charge?
Just for the sake of completeness:
The problem was due to the new security "features" of acrobat / reader. The following document helped alot - i just created a policy file and now everything is working again.
Thanks ToM_1st- exactly the solution for my problem. I followed the steps in 188.8.131.52
1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\FeatureLockDown.
2. Right click and choose
New > DWORD Value
3. Create bUseWhitelistConfigFile.
4. Right click on bUseWhitelistConfigFile and choose Modify
5. Set the value to 1 to enable the white list.
then make a file-
with one policy Whitelist line
; Files Section
FILES_ALLOW_ANY = c:\*
then save that file in-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader
what a major pain. i guess someday i will sit down and read the manual. Warning, i am sure i have exposed myself to something bad with the c:\* ! maybe create a particular folder to quarantine/isolate incoming PDFs for security purposes.
of course in Win7 had to switch to be an admin user to do this. Then I couldn't even read the AppSecurity manual i had just downloaded.