• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 and Math ML or Math Type

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted questions about linking so I could keep my equations in Word. Now one of my managers wants me to take equations created in Latex and bring them into RH 9. I think there are several converters out there, but I'm just not sure where to start.

Has anyone had success using Math ML or Math Type with RH 9? (Or any other program?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Depending on your output, you may have problems presenting the symbols in thise setup. For example, with either of these, is the font typically installed as part of Windows or Mac or whatever operating system it's being presented on?

If not, you may discover that you need to simply screen capture the equations and present them as static images on the HTML pages.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe getting equations could be difficult. As per the document, it would not work--

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS23f8397aa33da24732c6ad08133e9589918-8000.html

You may bring them as non editable objects like -- a Graphic as pointed by Rick too!

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for a workaround, but short of changing products I don't see that happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm not sure what you mean by "short of changing products". As I see it, the issue here isn't really the product in use, but more of how these symbols will (or more accurately - will not) be presented from the browser. I might think that would be something ANY product would have an issue with.

I do suppose there may be products out there that allow working with these symbols and as part of the process of creating the HTML, they create images that are used. In that case, you could edit all you like in the product using the actual symbols, but when the product produces the HTML pages that are presented, those symbols are converted to images.

Maybe that's what you meant?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to another product: For example, a certain product lets me directly enter (and edit) equations. At generation, it automatically converts the equations to the appropriate formats for Web Help, Word and PDF. Less degradation from Word to screen capture to RH back to Word and on to PDF.

Management here has a “strong interest” in improving the appearance of the equations so they are legible across all formats. My hope that RoboHelp 9 could do that is rapidly fading. Other products/methods being considered are Latex converters, Math ML, and whatever someone else comes up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp