8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 9:28 PM by csclark0530 RSS

Drop down menu...

csclark0530

I would like to create two drop down menus that work together. Ex:  the first dropdown menu will be "States" and once you select a state it allows the other drop down menu to function, which will be titled "districts"....but I have to be able to created links for each state and each district within a state. Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Drop down menu...
          csclark0530 Community Member

Thanks, thats exactly what I would like but I have no idea how to do it, I have my data sheet but I can't get it to do anything even close to that.

• 3. Re: Drop down menu...
            Ben Pleysier MVP

Have you had a look at the source code of the page to which I supplied the link? At least you have got that to work with, something that we are not privy to with regard to your page.

Gramps

• 4. Re: Drop down menu...

Yeah, I did that but it I'm not  sure how to establish my data into this

one and apply links for specific selections

• 5. Re: Drop down menu...
                Ben Pleysier MVP

OK! No more subtleties. If you want assistance, please read the following which can be found here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470404

How to Get Help Quickly

This is a user-to-user forum. Unless you see EMPLOYEE under a screen name, you should assume the poster is an upaid volunteer. Everyone's time is valuable, including yours. The following tips will help you get answers more quickly:

DO

• Check the Dreamweaver FAQ. The answer to your question might already be there.
                • Give your post a meaningful subject line, indicating of the nature of the problem.
                • Give sufficient details (such as operating system, browser, hardware platform, and other relevant information) for others to understand the nature of the problem, but don't go overboard. Short, focused questions tend to get answered more quickly.
                • If your problem concerns a web page that doesn't display as expected, upload the page to a public website and give the URL. But don't post links to anything you don't want indexed by a search engine. Create a test folder on the site, and remove the page when the problem has been solved.
                • Give details of any error messages.
                • Say briefly what you have done to try to solve the problem yourself.
                • If your question involves a database or server-side technology, such as PHP, ColdFusion, or ASP, say which one, and include it in the subject line.

DON'T

• Don't post a series of questions in a single post. Splitting them into separate threads increases your chances of a quick answer.
                • Don't repeat the same question in different forums, as this makes it harder for both you and those trying to help you to keep track of progress. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
                • When someone has answered your question, don't start asking more questions in the same thread. Keeping threads separate with clear subject lines makes it easier for others who might have the same problem to find the information they need.
                • Don't be impatient. If you don't get an answer in 24 hours, post a follow-up question in the same thread, asking if you need to give more details. The lack of replies might also indicate that no one else knows the answer.\
                • Don't hijack existing topics by replying with unrelated questions or suggestions. Start a new discussion thread so your question stands out.

When your question has been answered

If you started the thread, buttons like those in the following screenshot will appear at the bottom of each reply. Use these buttons to indicate that you have been helped or that you have received a satisfactory answer. You can choose up to two answers as "helpful" and one as "correct". Once selected, you cannot change your mind. Marking answers like this helps others identify solutions to their own problems.

correct-helpful_answer.png

Grumps

• 6. Re: Drop down menu...

Sorry, I didn't realize I upset you. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I

didn't ask anymore questions, I was simply making a statement in my last

comment. Again I apologize if I made you angry, thanks for you help.  :/

• 7. Re: Drop down menu...
                    Ben Pleysier MVP

I am just upset because I know you need help and I am willing to give it to you. But we cannot read minds and we cannot see the code that you are seeing.

I'll try another line of attack. Please supply a link to your site or at the very least show us the code markup etc that you are working on.

Grumps.

PS I get this grumpiness free of charge, comes with age, so please bear with me.

• 8. Re: Drop down menu...

I apologize for that, just know that it's not something that I

intentionally did, I am honestly just caught up in trying to finish this

site and the stress and complications that I am encountering are

aggravating. These things slip my minds on occasion, sorry for the

inconvenience. I going to just leave this problem alone, I will figure it

out eventually but until then I guess I 'll give you a break . Thanks

for all your help.