• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming the index.htm file

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks - I welcome some help on this one!

I'm running RoboHelp 9, and authoring a help system for a dev group whose buildmeister has requested I rename (if possible) RoboHelp's compiled 'index.htm' file to something else, so as not to conflict with another index.htm file that apparently is part of this software build. I'm assuming this can't be done as a simple File Explorer 'rename', but needs to be defined within the project prior to compiling fresh output. However, I can't find a setting for to accomplish this, and, frankly, don't even know if it's necessary (or possible).

best,

Lumpy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumpy and welcome to the community,

I'm assuming you are creating WebHelp. You can change the name of the start file in the SSL settings. Select the contect category and add the correct name in the field "Select Output Folder and Start Page" In this field you set the folder that the help is generated and the filename is the name of the start page.

Changing the name afterwards in explorer won't work, because there are lots of scripts that have the start file name as variables. Changing the name breaks WebHelp.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Below is the screenshot if you are generated Webhelp to rename index.htm

1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishu - thanks for this, but could you provide the command string to this dialog? (where's it located, and how do I get to it...).

Best,

Lumpy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumpy

I'm not Vish but hopefully I can help.

From the Single Source Layouts pod, double-click the layout and the dialog should open.

Click View > Pods > Single Source Layouts to ensure the SSL pod is open.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick:

You-de-man! Got it.

Much appreciated,

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, Lumpy

In looking at this thread the following thought occurs to me. If your developer is wanting you to rename your start page, it likely means that your WebHelp is just plopped in with other content. And if that's the case, I'd have to think things are severely disorganized. Normally the help sits in its own folder that is separate from whatever application it supports.

I know that often developers suffer the God complex and don;t fathom any possibility they are wrong, but it might be worth asking some questions about the arrangement.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumpy,

Rick Answered almost everything

Cheers.. Rick

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick:

Yeah... I already carefully tip-toed in (where Tech Writers wisely fear to tread) on this subject. Won't bore you with all the details, but the scripts (java) supporting the UI are in a specific build area, and adding a separate folder will change relative variables that the developers don't want to change. This comes under the heading "Ours is not to reason why...".

Thanks again for your assist! I should be all set.

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp