Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 - Application Still Sits In Memory

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working locally (per the recommendations in this forum), and all my projects have been trimmed of extra objects in their libraries.  Still, after I properly exit the application, Captivate is still showing in memory (Win XP - Task Manager.)  Is this normal activity?  Is there anything I can do to terminate Captivate and free up memory?  Both my project locations and cache locations are on my local machine.

Thank in advance.

Henry

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Henry,

The Captivate should not be showing up like that when you close the application.

Can you reboot your machine, Launch Captivate and close and observe at each step that is it when it appears in Task Manager?

Additionally, try observing if it occuring with any other software too?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Anjaneai,

I'm still scratching my head on this one.  I'm not too technical, and it is not a deal breaker (though it would be nice to have memory freed up.)  I consistently go to Task Manager and 'End Process.'  If I reboot without ending these processed, Windows XP barks at me and throws a message if I reboot.  I'll do some further troubleshooting if time allows.

Cheers,

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources