Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player crashes when opening a video

Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user with Windows XP Pro (32 bit) appears to successfully install Flash Player, and short flash sequences embedded in web pages seem to display OK. But any time she tries to play a video from within a browser she gets the message "The Adobe Flash Player has crashed" and the video will not play.

We've tried uninstalling Flash Player then reinstalling in both Firefox and IE. Firefox 3.6.27, IE8, Shockwave Flash 11.2.102.55

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's not a fix I would have stumbed on on my own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me either:

Using FireFox 10.0.2 and Flash Player 11.1.102.62 (or any other combination that I have tried so far) on Windows 7 64 bit, after a few seconds of playing a YouTube video the video freezes up and after a few more seconds I get the frowny face with the message that Flash Player has crashed.  Several people have recommended disabling hardware acceleration but that didn't help.  The only way I can get it to play YouTube videos is to go to FireFox Plugins and disable the Shockwave plugin.  Now I can play YouTube videos, but some videos that come to me from other platforms pop up with the message:  "This plugin is disabled."

I used to be able to play all videos with no problem up to about two weeks ago. I don't want to have to restore to a previous time if I don't have to.

Also, when I use Internet Explorer I have no problems playing either YouTube of those from other sources.

I have seen a lot of questions on this problem but no good answers that have worked for me.

BTW, on each crash I clicked on reload and submit report, but don't know if it goes anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox or updating your video driver?

Windows: how do I update the device driver for my video/display adapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry so late to reply. Yes, I disabled hardware acceleration but no difference, and this weekend I will update the video driver and also try Chris Campbell's instructions.

Thank you and I'll let you know what happens.

William R. (Bill) Harvey

harveym003@hawaiiantel.net

CELL (808) 561-1008

FAX (808) 672-3407

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines