• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove conditional build tags at project level?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last discussion on this topic is quite dated, so I am asking this question specifically for RH9.

The projects I inherited have many conditional tags that are unused and not needed. Since they aren't used, how can I remove the tags at the project level? (Seems like the Conditional Build Tag dialog box should provide the option, but it doesn't.)

Also, how do I submit these feature/wish questions to Adobe?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about just deleting CBTs in the CBT pod for a project - I think that you can just delete them if they aren't used anywhere.

Wishlists can be done here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete a tag from the CBT pod, you will get this message. I think it answers your question. I just tried it in a simple three topic project and it removed the tag from both content and topics. Nonetheless, I would take a copy of a live project before doing it for real.

BuildTagDelete.png

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter - this was very helpful!

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9 has the option to delete conditional tags from the CBT pod (image below). When you click Delete, it gives you the message Peter mentions. We've used this feature and it hasn't broken any of our projects yet (and we have some pretty big help projects).

However, as suggested, you must make a copy of your project before you delete all tags, just in case. Also, if your project is in source control, I suggest checking in your project files, and then again checking out your *entire* project folder before making a project-wide change such as this. If things go wrong, you can always just discard the check-out.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp