Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide View Completion Always Showing Successful in Saba

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha All,

I have an issue I have been testing all day and cannot figure out why it is happening.

I have created a test course in Captivate 5.5, published in Scorm 1.2, no quiz, slide completion at 50%, uploaded to our Saba LMS. When the learner DOES complete 50% or more of the slides, Saba displays Successful. When the learner DOES NOT complete 50% of the slides, Saba displays Successful. It should display Unsuccessful.

I also an identical course in Captivate 5.0 and followed the SAME EXACT steps as a control file.The course created in 5.0 work as predicted - Learner did not visit 50% of slides, Saba displayed Unsuccessful. Learner DID visit more than 50% of slides, Saba displayed Successful.

Based on the control file outcome, I can only assume that it is a Captivate 5.5 problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Susan

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan,

I can think of two possibilities -- one a Saba setting and one a change to Captivate 5.5.  Can you check the content lesson status?

1. If the lesson status is "Failed," then the issue is that you need to check the "is scoring" option in Saba. If this option is not selected, then Saba will roll-up any lesson status that is not "incomplete" to "successful."

2. If the lesson status is "Passed," then the issue is most likely you are sending a mastery score (probably of 0) to Saba.  If the lesson sends both a score and mastery score, then Saba will compare the two and assign a lesson status of Passed or Failed.  If your Mastery score is 0 and the score sent by the lesson is 0, then Saba will Pass the lesson and the offering will be marked successful.

In earlier versions of Captivate, you had the option of not setting a mastery score for SCORM 1.2 content.  Unfortunately, in Captivate 5.5 a mastery score is automatically set -- either at 0 (if incomplete/complete) or equal to the quiz passing score, which would explain why you are seeing this issue now.  If this is the case, you have two options:

• Blank the mastery score in the IMSManifest - You can do this by either:
      • manually unzipping the SCORM package and deleting the Mastery Score (<adlcp:masteryscore>100</adlcp:masteryscore>) from the imsmanifest.xml file, or
      • editing the manifest.xml file (Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Captivate 5.5 > Templates > Publish > Manifest.xml) to remove the Mastery Score keyword(<adlcp:masteryscore>@RD_MQZ_MANIFEST_SCO_MASTERY</adlcp:masteryscore>).

• Blank the score value sent by the lesson.  The easiest way to do this is to create a new custom SCORM 1.2 template ("No Score"): 
      • First, navigate to Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Captivate 5.5 > Templates > Publish > SCORM > 1_2 and copy and rename the default.htm file. 
      • Then open the file in an HTML or text editor and edit the code shown below (lines 171+) to include the line in red.

} else if ( strFSCmd == "LMSSetValue" || strFSCmd=="SetValue") {

if(strFSArg1=="cmi.core.score.raw") { strFSArg2 = ("");}

strErr = eval('g_objAPI.' + strFSCmd + '(\"' + strFSArg1 + '\",\"' + strFSArg2 + '\");');

Once you have saved this template, it will be available as a SCORM 1.2 LMS template in Quiz preferences.

Hopefully one of these solutions works for you.  V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources