6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 1:33 PM by Hudechrome RSS

System crash

JAP11348

I am getting a system crash when I open an image from bridge and then try to print it.  If I open the same image from the open tab it prints fine. I have tried different printers with eh same result when opend from bridge????

• 1. Re: System crash
          Curt Y Community Member

Most crashes are from bad drivers, printers, scanners, and so forth.

Don't know why it would crash by opening one way and not the other.

Update you printer drivers would be a first step.

• 2. Re: System crash
            JAP11348 Community Member

I have updated my drivers but the problem still exists.  I have tried a work around.  Before printing I close bridge and then hit print in CS5 and the system does not crash - Must be some sort of issue with Bridge.  Any suggestions.

• 3. Re: System crash
              Curt Y Community Member

I can see no print options in Bridge.  Where are you trying to print from?

• 4. Re: System crash
                JAP11348 Community Member

I open the image in bridge to Cs5 -  Print from CS5  - Crash   Open from bridge to CS5 - close bridge - Print from Cs5  no crash

• 5. Re: System crash
                  Curt Y Community Member

Not a computer expert, but sounds like a memory problem.  It can not handle Bridge running at same time as printing.

I would look at the Even Log (windows os) and see what you can see.  (Check OS help)

Want to find processes tab and see what Defaulting Module says.

• 6. Re: System crash
                    Hudechrome Community Member

First, a complete description of your computer is necessary.

Second, is anything else open and minimized? Especially another non-Adobe graphics/photo editing program? If so. End all open programs in the task bar and try again. If it now works, add programs one by one and attempt to replicate the problem.