• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Status by To Do list item?

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to see the status by To Do assignment listed with Topic Name?

That is, I've created a number of To Do list items to reflect the review cycle. 

If I run a status report, I can see how many topics have the Need Engineering Answer classification, but I can't figure out a way to either get a list of those or to sort the topic list by To Do items onscreen.

Any clues? Any other way to do this? I notice that the To Do categories are listed in the  topic-check-list Meta tag in the HTML. I'm using Windows 7. Is there a way to search the contents of HTML files in a particular folder? I tried searching contents, but it doesn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Try the Topic Properties Report. That shows the Status and To Do's marked against a topic, the two have no connection. That report can be saved as a text file and from there you should be able to get the information into a spreadsheet for analysis.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Topic Properties Report. That shows the Status and To Do's marked against a topic, the two have no connection. That report can be saved as a text file and from there you should be able to get the information into a spreadsheet for analysis.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, as always, you have an excellent suggestion.

I did as you said, running the Topic Properties Report. I modified the options for the report (Options button) so that the only thing selected is Completed To Do's under Topic Status. I opened that in Excel and now I have something that, although not formatted very well, is something I can work with. (I'll have to study up on how to filter things in Excel.)

I also put in a request for enhancement to Adobe. I'd like to be able to drag a To Do tag onto the regular Topic List view so that I can see all the topics that have a certain status. Having seen the Excel version, though, I'm now wondering if I should instead ask for a .CSV version.

For anyone else who's interested, here's what to do, step by step.

1. Navigate to Tools > Reports > Topic Properties.

2. Click the Options button.

3. On the Topic Report Options screen, clear all checkboxes except Completed To Do's.

4. Click OK.

5. When the report finishes, click Save As. Save the report as a text file (.txt).

6. Start Excel.

7. Use File > Open to open the .txt file from within Excel.

8. When the Text Import Wizard opens, click Finish without changing the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp