7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 12:43 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Set up project questions

Just_Be Community Member

Hi

I have made different movies

But I have troubles to set up a project:

1) Audiorate: I can't choose for an audiorate of 16 Khz, and this might be a reason why I can't edit video's with audio

2) Framesize. I see black area's on the side, in VIEW panel, something I don't see in source panel. I thought it had

to do with the framesize I choose but I am not sure.

These are the specs I have found:

* .Mov file

* Frame width = 1920

* Frame height = 1080

* Frame rate = 23 fr/sec

Audio

* Audio sample rate = 16 Khz

* Bitrate = 24 kHz

Then there are two specs Datarate: 18529 kbps and total bit-something-rate = 18914 kbps.

• 1. Re: Set up project questions
          Just_Be Community Member

Isn't weird that I can see and play movie in source panel but not edit it?

• 2. Re: Set up project questions
            John T Smith CommunityMVP

The easy way to insure that your video and your project match

See 2nd post for picture of NEW ITEM process http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872666

• 3. Re: Set up project questions
              the_wine_snob Community Member

Isn't weird that I can see and play movie in source panel but not edit it?

Not really, as the Source Monitor is a simple player, and is accessing the file from the HDD. The Program Monitor displays the Sequence/Timeline, prepared for editing - much more involved.

I think that John T's link will help you easily set up your Sequence for editing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Set up project questions
                Just_Be Community Member

Ok, the videos certainly helped with a lot of questions I had. Very clear. Thanks!

What is still not clear to me:

I cant edit the audio in the timeline if I move the file to the timeline. I can edit the video, but not the audio.

The audio codec is: sowt: 16 bit signed little-endian

And it the source file has 24 Khz samplerate, and I cant choose for a preset with this this audio rate if I create a new project.

Do I have to install this codec?

And make use preset and customize it?

• 5. Re: Set up project questions

Glad that the video in John T's link was useful.

As for Audio, did you let the Audio Conform 100%, before dragging it to the Timeline? This ARTICLE will give more details.

Does the Audio play from the Timeline just fine?

If you Alt-click on the Audio Stream in that Clip, and do a Render/Replace, can you then edit that resulting WAV?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Set up project questions
                    Just_Be Community Member

Ok,

I think I am able to edit the file. At least I see now the audio too in the timeline.

Dragged the source file to the some sort of icon in the source panel and it found automatically (I think) some presettings.

Probably tomorrow the real editing of the files which I think is quite easy.

It was all very helpful, *thank you*.

• 7. Re: Set up project questions

Yes, dragging the AV file (once Conforming has completed 100%) to the New Icon should create a matching Sequence (which we see as a Timeline), and place your Clip onto it.

If the Audio plays completely from the Timeline, then you should be able to edit it. In the Timeline/Sequence, the program should be referencing the CFA (Conformed Audio file), and what you see on the Audio Track will be the Waveform Display file, the PEK.

If you still have problems with editing the Audio Stream in that Clip, I would explore Render/Replace, which will convert your Audio Stream to PCM/WAV.

Good luck,

Hunt