• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Says installed, but its not! Adobe Flash Player HELP ASAP please!!

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updated itself sometime ago within the last two weeks. Now nothing works. I use it for games, movie viewing, some schooling apps, and much more. Since it updated, It doesnt work. It always tells me to download Flash or upgrade. So I follow the link to download. I go thru the progress thing, that tells me to close IE, I do. Installation finishes, i am able to click done, and a pop up says Adobe Flash Player is installed and ready to use - or something along those terms. Then I go to adobe to test my version, and in the box that says what version you have, its white/grey box. It shows its installed on my PC, in the programs. It will not work though! Please help, I have homework Im 5 days behind on and its due Friday!

I have also followed the Installation problems thing- Update software, delete old versions,etc.

System:: Windows 7 SP1 I beleive, Comp is like a month old, its brand new. Running Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes for software/antivirus. Sometimes Windows Defender pops on. We use Internet Explorer only.  Any other questions please let me know. Im not technologically stupid, but this has me baffled....

and I have a 7 year old crying because he cant watch his transformers movies! LOL! HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Windows 7?

Do you use the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Internet Explorer?

Do you have the Shockwave Flash object enabled?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448)

Do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968 - it should be disabled.)

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines