7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 9:49 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show

38dgg

Premier Elements 8 -- I have been burning slide show DVD's with music. On my last disc burn, the music quit playing about 6 or 7 slides before the end of the slide show. I have checked and confirm that the length of the last song exceeds the length of the slides. I want tp keep my custom slide durations, rather than automatically sync the time of the entire disc with the music. Can anyone help me with a way to extend the music to the end or tell me why the music cuts off before it should? Thank you.

38dg

• 1. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show
          nealeh Community Member

Are you saying you previously burnt that same project and the sound length was complete, or is this a new project?

If the duration of the seven slides is not too great a quick workaround is to unlink the audio from the video and stretch the sound - it should be barely noticeable.

Please post a zoomed-in screenshot of the end of the timeline starting from before the sound stops, and showing all the video / audio tracks.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show
            the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Welcome to the forum.

Like Neale, I am not exactly sure what you have on your Timeline, but if you could post a screen-cap of the Timeline, especially the area at/near the end, where the Audio is cutting out.

You say:

I have checked and confirm that the length of the last song exceeds the length of the slides.

With Video, you do not want Audio, that does not have Video above it. That will be a gap in Video, and can cause all sorts of issues. If you have an Audio Clip, that is longer, than the Video (Stills in your case), I would add Black Video (created with the New Icon), to cover that, and just add a Dip-to-Black from the Tail of the Video/Still.

Now, to extend the Duration of Audio, you can use Time Stretch, for small changes, but be sure to check Maintain Pitch, and also listen carefully.

Good luck, and let us have a look at that Timeline, please,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show
              38dgg Community Member

Well, I got impatient and uninstalled PE8 and reinstalled it. This time the

disc burned properly with the music not cutting out before the last slide.

I do appreciate your response to my question and have some questions about

it -- in the event the problem happens again. I don't know all the ins and

outs of making a slide show with PE8 and am unfamiliar with how I would

send you a "screen shot" of my time line. Also, I don't know how to detach

the audio from the video. When I burned this last disc, the audio line had

a purple (lavender) background from beginning to end. On the line that cut

out early, I remember the line having a whitish or yellowish background

until the last few seconds -- which was the purple with a jagged front

edge. Does this help at all?

Finally, I do appreciate you and Bill Hunt responding to my question. Can

you please forward this to Bill, if he doesn't receive this. Thanks.

38dg

• 4. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show

38dg,

For the screen-caps, see this ARTICLE.

As for "unlinking" Audio from Video, unless someone has performed an action, such as Sharing a SlideShow to an AV file, with Audio, there will not be any unlinking. That is done where one has a muxed (Multiplexed Video & Audio Streams in one file) AV file. Then, one can Unlink from the Toolbar, or probably more easily, by just Alt+clicking on the Audio portion of the Clip, or the Video portion of the Clip, to edit them separately.

When doing SlideShows with a music Track, one tip that might help, should things go wrong, would be to use one of the empty, regular Audio Tracks, rather than the Fixed Audio Track, Soundtrack. Some users have had problems with the Soundtrack Track, and moving the Audio to a regular, non-Fixed Track, solves the issues.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show
                  38dgg Community Member

Bill:

Thank you for the tips.

38dg

• 6. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show
                    38dgg Community Member

Nealeh:

I emailed you Feb.24 regarding a DVD- burning slide show problem I was

having with the music stopping before my pictures ended. I tried

uninstalling and re-installing Premier Elements 8 but this only cured the

problem for 1 disc and then the problem recurred. You had asked me to post

a zoomed-in screen shot of the timeline, which I am willing to do. However,

I have never done this so, could I ask you to walk me through the process.

Thank you.

38dg

• 7. Re: Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show

For producing and posting the screen-caps, see this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt