Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome not working perfectly with Robohelp

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a query I am using robohelp9 in my Flex application.On clicking help button in flex application a particular topic from the web help is opened but if the the webhelp window is minimized and I click on another help button on any other page of my Flex application a small window is open near the right button corner of the window for few seconds and disappeared I am facing this problem in Chrome only.In IE it is working perfectly

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do you call the help from the application? When you use context sensitivity and a window, the help will open in a popup. The help closes the original window and then shows the help. My guess is that you're seeing this behaviour.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response.

No, Actually in IE help is opened as a popup in a new window if another help button is clicked then the same popup window is replaced with a new content and displayed at the top of the screen but in chrome I am getting unusual behaviour if the popup is not closed, the content of the existing minimized popup window is replaced with the new content and a new popup appears just at the right bottom of the screen for 1 sec and disappears

The problem is I want on clicking the help button the minimized popup to appear on the top of the screen with the new content and the second popup which is occuring for few seconds should disappear, same behaviour as in IE

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The question remains: how does your application call the help? Also, how does the help work on Firefox? From what you told me, it looks like the default RH behaviour. But it may also be connected to the way you call the help.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Chrome not working perfectly with Robohelp

I use below function in my code

RH_ShowHelp(0, "WebHelp/index.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, topicid);

In Mozilla same behaviour as in Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That's the call of the default Adobe API. Short of using another API or changing the API, there's not much to be done. You can submit this behaviour as a bug via http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38.

For more info on CSH with WebHelp, see:

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam,

I have logged the issue.

I have another issue If I access my flex application from a remote system or with my  own system using the IP address even in IE a popup window is displayed for first button and if I click on another help button help window is open in a new tab  and on third click help button stop  working I m confused by this behaviour if you have any idea please help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a new issue, related to: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4207910#4207910

As I don't use the default RH API, I'll have to dive into this issue. Unless anyone has an answer, I'll delve into this, but it may take a while.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide an alternative solution if you have any without using default RH API

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different ways of calling the help context sensitive. You could always create your own API, but that may take considerable effort too. See the following links for more info:

I hope to get back to you on the default API early next week.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Still waiting for your response however for time being I have done a workaround but that is not the right solution.

Thanks

Sheeba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about that, I thought I had already responded. I created a test web application to open the help. I ran it in IIS7 with the latest Chrome, but I could not reproduce this issue. Are the buttons you press on the same page, or are you navigating between pages?

By the way: What is your workaround?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please visit http://www.emisk.org/helpdemo/main.html?lng=en to see what is happening.Click on the links on the right side say Fix our envirnoment a window popups click on the ? help icon on the right top and see the behaviour

In my actual application I have used old java script Window.Open(page) to get it done for time being

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheeba,

I tested the link which you provided and it worked for in all the browsers. I just enabled the popup blockers. and it launched the help file without any issue. Please check.

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK let me throw a spanner in the works. I just tested the link using Firefox and see the problem, a blank popup appears bottom right momentarily and then the help opens properly.

Please see Item 1 in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/using_rh8.htm. That looks to be the same issue but it is supposed to have been fixed in RoboHelp 9. Could it be you are using an old version of the API?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Robohelp9 API (licenced version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case it looks like you will have to do as Willam advised and report a bug.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp