I believe that my problem is due to the fact that adobe flash installer works for 64 bit as well as 32 bit cpu and gives preference to the 64 bit version and ignores that I have a 32 bit version of IE9.0. Thus, it does not install the 32 bit version. What adobe needs is two versions of the Flash installer: 32 bit and a 64 bit. in the meantime, I will stay pat.
Run both with admin rights:
From: Carl E. Myers Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:50 AM
Re: Installation of 32 bit and 64 bit Flash on same CPU
I attached two files. I don't know why they did not make it through the e-mail systems. I will attempt one more time.
For 32 bit Flash
For 64 bit Flash
In most cases, a clean install is not required when installing Flash Player. The Flash Player installer will upgrade previous installs without having to uninstall first. However, if you find you're running into problems or would like to downgrade to a previous version, the following steps should help.
- Download the current 64 bit uninstaller
- Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
- Restart Windows
- Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in a Windows Explorer window)
- %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
- %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
- Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ has been deleted.
- Download the current 64 bit installer.
Close all browser windows and run the installer.