Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU doesn't clock down with HW acceleration on

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so this is my problem: the GPU is stuck in performance state P8 (405 Mhz) and doesn't clock down to P12 (50 Mhz) as long as any browser tab containing a video in flash exists, tested in Firefox an Chrome. It does NOT matter if the video is running or even if the browser is minimized or not.

If I turn off HW acceleration it goes to P12. Sadly, the software upscaling in full screen looks horrible since Flash Player 10. See this gentleman's pictures for reference. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3959478

So either one of these two things would help:

Preferably a) don't force P8 just because a flash tab is open, if no video is actually running.

Or b) please make fullscreen upscaling w/o HW acceleration look nice again like it was before Flash 10.

I have my browser open with many tabs 14 hours a day, so usually at least one of them contains a video. My GPU would be in P12 75% of the time, the difference to P8 is about 50 Watt. 50 Watt for 18 months... I'm pretty sure that issue unknowingly caused me 50 EUR damages in energy costs.

GPU: GeForce GTX 460

Driver: 290.53

Thanks for your time,

Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jan,

Great observation, I hadn't seen this before but I agree with you that this should work better.  Would you mind creating a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL once added so others can visit and add their votes and comments.

Do you use GPU Z to determine the GPU power mode?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines