• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Chrome Frame plugin breaks RoboHelp 8 documents

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large ERP application with a heavy AJAX client (Dojo based).  The application is an internal application and the supported browser is IE8.  We would like to install Google Chrome Frame (GCF) on our user’s workstations to improve the overall performance of the application.

One problem we discovered in testing is that RoboHelp 8 will not work if the GCF plugin is installed.  We use RoboHelp to generate a large amount of policy manuals for our workers.  When the GCF plugin is installed a user can click on the first navigation link but then is unable to navigate further.   

The problem occurs as long as GCF is installed (regardless of whether its enabled or not).  If you uninstall GFC, the RoboHelp generated documents start working again.  

RoboHelp generates an HTML frame layout with navigation links on the left and readable documents on the right.  Interestingly, RoboHelp 6 documents work all right with the GCF plugin.

We only see the problem with RoboHelp 8.  I’m not sure if the same problem occurs with the RoboHelp 9.  I have not been able to find out a lot of information on this problem.  If anyone else has found similar problems with RoboHelp and has an effective work around we would love to hear it.  

This is currently preventing us from rolling out the GCF plugin to our community.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Welcome to the forum.

There was a post possibly a year back where a plug-in had the same effect. I recall for sure which plug-in it was but something is telling me it was this one and I don't think there was any resolution.

Chrome itself was not supported by RoboHelp until RoboHelp 9 so the version you are using may be the issue.

Can you install the trial version of RoboHelp 9 on a different machine to test?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

There was a post possibly a year back where a plug-in had the same effect. I recall for sure which plug-in it was but something is telling me it was this one and I don't think there was any resolution.

Chrome itself was not supported by RoboHelp until RoboHelp 9 so the version you are using may be the issue.

Can you install the trial version of RoboHelp 9 on a different machine to test?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better news!

I managed to find the previous post thanks to Microsoft's OneNote, cool program.

It seems that it wasn't just RoboHelp users having a problem with that plug-in but eventually someone came along with a fix for RoboHelp 9.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3715435#3715435

Please let us know how you get on with it as it may not work for RoboHelp 8.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed that thread and applied the changed submitted by m_d_uk2 and it worked!

The change allowed RoboHelp 8 documents to function correctly with the Google Chrome Frame installed in IE8.

Thanks the information was very helpful and timely.

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp