Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Setting Manager

Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loading the recent Flash Player, asked to close my browser, then I get the message "The Flash Player Settings Manager is currently open. Please close the Flash Player Settings Manager and try again". My problem is that the Flash Player Settings Manager IS NOT open. Anyone come across this message and have a work around? I've tried uninstalling the Flash Player, but get the same request ("The Flash Player Setting Manager is currently open ... etc"). What's going on with this message?

I'm working with 32Bit XP Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see nsbullock question and answers below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just made a FAQ entry to document the issue: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/967408

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete file  FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl  from C:\Windows\system32 and try the installation again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines