• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Preview TOC is distorted

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to be a bit difficult to describe. However, when I click on the index tab and then a topic, then click on the TOC tab, then a topic, do a print preview, then the TOC becomes distorted. This does not seem to happen when I have not clicked yet on my index tab. Does anyone know why? Please let me know. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this when you're viewing the WebHelp output in a browser, or html help?

Please explain "distorted."

Thanks.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is webhelp displayed in a browser. The topic icon in the TOC is displayed over the names of the topics. So in other words, you will see the names of the topics and the topic icon on top of it instead of besides the text. This creates what looks like a mess! Also, words from the topic text are on top of other words of topic text. It's all a little hard to describe. Please let me know if this is clear to you or not. Does anyone out there know why? This is just in print preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2006 Oct 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annmic,

I've never used Print Preview with my WebHelp output before, but you are quite right about what happens. It appears that if you preview the TOC, close the preview, open the Index tab, then preview the Index, the TOC and Index are superimposed one on top of the other in preview mode. It doesn't seem to affect the WebHelp itself - only the Print Preview, and the actual Print.

I have no idea why this happens or how you can prevent it happening, but I can confirm that it does happen.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a browser problem? Does the same happen in IE, Firefox, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Annmic

If you hit the Refresh button on the IE toolbar before selecting print preview the problem will not occur. Alternatively, right click in the browser window to display the shortcut menu and then select refresh.

Hope that helps
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp