• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

www.adobe.com/go/edu-validate is down

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to obtain a serial number for my Student and Teacher Edition of CS5 standard,

but the site is unresponsive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

I received an update that the issues with the Identiti-e site should be solved.  Please do respond to this thread though if you continue to have difficulties making your submission.  I was able to verify that the site did load, in a very reasonable time, on my home network.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's U.S. corporate offices are closed til the new year. I do not know if this will be addressed until the New Year. I do not know if Adobe has any employees montitoring this site either. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My son is eagerly awaiting to work with his brand new computer and software he received for Christmas and can't get a code to activate the software. What started out as a very happy and excited Christmas morning is turning into frustration and disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue! I also got it for christmas. I was hoping on using photoshop over my winter break, but by the time adobe fixes it my break will be over! Many friends of mine have pirated adobe products, but i insisted on buying them legitamtly claiming that there will be customer service and no hassle compared to pirating.

Now i get this. I should have pirated it. Im not going to, but this is disapointing. How hard is it to outsourse to india on a holiday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've got problems, too. I suppose it's not vital for me to have it right now, but it would be nice to not have it delayed. Of course, it redirects to a website that Adobe, I believe, does not own (Identit-E), so it could be even longer. Maybe we'll be really unlucky and they'll make an excuse that they can't do anything because it's a third-party website. Lovely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha yay! I'm having the same problem too! I'd really like to try out my NEW tablet on my NEW software but no, the sites not working, awesome! (yes that's sarcasm..)

I got it to load on Safari but then I hit "I'm ready to go to Step 2" and it won't load at all now haha.

Here's my thread incase mine gets an answer before this one, hopefully we ALL get answered! http://forums.adobe.com/message/4103410#4103410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Extremely frustrating considering I got adobe lightroom for Christmas today and cannot use it. Hoping this issue is resolved ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this site: https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/adobe

Takes forever to load, (sometimes not at all), and the farthest I got was between step 4and5/6

So irritated...

Holla' if anyone is successful with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration, folks. We're currently working with Identit-e to get the issue investigated and fixed.

Not all education validation is done through Identit-e, though, so be sure to check our FAQ document to ensure you're trying to submit the proof of eligibility to the right place: http://j.mp/tOu3fd

Also note that you should be able to install/use the software as a trial while you wait for this issue to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to get a working website this morning (though it took ages for pages to load). Managed to get through step 2 of verification and then it knocked me off the website. This is so frustrating. I can't believe how much time I've wasted between yesterday and today to get a simple serial code. I had to go through the whole verification process in order to purchase the software--and have an email telling me the info was verified. Why do I need to do it yet again in order to download my software. This is very poor customer service on the part of the store I purchased the software from and from Adobe. I would think that after all these years of selling Adobe product they'd be on the ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem yesterday too with Photoshop, the Student/Teacher edition. I called customer service and the website is definitely down and having problems and so the woman helping me said to give all the information needed to receive the serial number. Earlier today I was able to get through all of the steps except for the last step because the website "lost connection". I was severely pissed. Anyways, if you need a serial number, send the below information to custserv@identit-e.com;

Product Code

Full Name

Birthdate

Email

Address
City, State, Country, Zip code

Phone Number

*(If you have problems with the Student/Teacher edition show;
Whether you're a staff, faculty or student; School Name; City; State; Grade you're in (ex. 9th grade etc. or Higher Education) and put the documentation (Proof of Eligibility) as an attachment in the email)*

The company should take 2-3 business days to reply, thats if my documentation is acceptable, but hopefully this should work fine.

I hope this helps for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take the dash out of the web address, it takes you to a page that works. its eduvalidate, not edu-validate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.adobe.com/go/eduvalidate?

I tried doing that but it takes me to a page saying that the page is not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess we gotta use the demo mode til we can sign up for real. it works and stuff can be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use demo mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to demo mode? My son can't get beyond the request for a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have sent a message to Identi-e inquiring as to why the eligibility server is so slow at the moment.  I would suspect it is mainly an issue with the sheer volume of users trying to submit their eligibility after the holiday.  I would recommend using the software in trial mode and waiting a couple days or completing the process which Coach27 posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue as well, and now it is February 22, 2012 . The validation site identit-e.com is extremely slow (all portions of website, not just Adobe validation) and will not load passed Step 1. Please resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan Stewart the Identi-e site should be faster now unless there is some other promotion which might be causing problems.  The main issue previously was hundreds if not thousands of students all trying to obtain their serial numbers after the holiday season.

You might want to try a different browser to see if that helps with the speed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Mr. Wright, I understand this was initially caused by the Holiday season and the mass number of activation requests, yet this does not seem to be related to that issue. Have you been able (or tried recently) to connect to the verification service? I have tried to get to the identit-e website using multiple computers: I have used adminstrator accounts on the following browsers and operating systems without success (all computers/browsers Cache/history/etc are cleared and all computers/browsers are verified to have internet access):

1. Dell Optiplex 990 intel i5, Win 7 32bit

IE 9 (x32)

Firefox 10.0.2

Chrome

2.Dell Optiplex 980 intel i5, Win 7 64bit

IE 9

IE 9 x64 edition

Firefox 10.0.2

3. MacBook Air 11.6" OS X 10.7 Lion

Safari

Firefox

Chrome

I have also attempted to get to this website using AT&T's 3G network on my iPhone 4S, as all of the computer's I used are behind the same campus network, to see if it was a internal network issue. The iPhone did eventually load the page, after 4 attempts (failed 3/4 - page cannot be displayed error) and I am aware that of course can not display the page propperly, but it still failed to load 3/4 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan I just had the same issue as well.  I will see what we can do to report the issue from our end.  I am hopeful Identi-e is already aware that their website is down as well.  You should be able to utilize the software in trial mode for the moment if you are trying to get something done for a project or deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it appears Identi-e is doing some maintance on their servers to help address their performance issues.  I don't have details regarding when the maintenance cycle will be complete.  Thanks Dan for bringing this to my attention!  Once I have additional details I will post to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this exact issue as of 9:24PM CST (IE8, Firefox 10.0.1, and Chrome).  Got the first page to load once in Firefox but never got any further.  Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's now 10:41am CT Feb. 23, 2012 and still no way to confirm eligibility.  Server is dead.  Used IE9, Firefox.  It really shouldn't take me 2 days to do this. I'm very frustrated also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt responses and for looking further into the issue Jeff, I appreciate it. I look forward to identit-e's response and finally activating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines