• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrading from CS3 to CS5

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop CS5 upgrade. When I enter the CS3 serial number (Adobe CS 3 Design Standard)  I receive the notice that the serial number is valid, but a qualifying product cannot be found on my computer. Why is the upgrade not able to find my CS3 copy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would first be entering the Photoshop CS5 serial number followed by your eligible product.  If the serial number is valid then it should not be also searching for a qualifying product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Jeff. I did enter the CS5 serial number, and when prompted entered CS3, as my original, (the updating product) followed by that serial number. It was at that point I received the message that the serial number was valid, but a qualifying product cannot be found on my computer. I have read elsewhere that one cannot upgrade from a suite to an application. Have I made a 'financial error' and purchased the wrong product? Sue

Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:43:19 -0700

To: careysj@hotmail.com

Subject: upgrading from CS3 to CS5

Re: upgrading from CS3 to CS5

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

You would first be entering the Photoshop CS5 serial number followed by your eligible product. If the serial number is valid then it should not be also searching for a qualifying product.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct you are unable to upgrade from a CS3 suite to a CS5 point product.  Did you just purchase the upgrade?  Did you purchase the upgrade from Adobe or from a different seller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Jeff, I bought the CS5 upgrade from Amazon - it arrived two days ago. Is there anything I can do? When I went on line to check if I could upgrade the CS3 to CS5 there appeared to be no problem. I didn't read on any forums about the 'finer points' of upgrading! Photoshop is the application I wanted - InDesign or Illustrator is not important to upgrade. Sue

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:40:38 -0700

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

That is correct you are unable to upgrade from a CS3 suite to a CS5 point product. Did you just purchase the upgrade? Did you purchase the upgrade from Adobe or from a different seller?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon should allow you to return it.  I would work with them to return the product.  Otherwise you may be able to work with Adobe for return but it would depend on if the seller was an authorized reseller or not.  This is why I would recommend trying to do a refund through Amazon first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Is there an 'upgrade' solution to my Adobe creative suite3 design standard or must I buy a full version of Photoshop CS5?

Sue

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:24:51 -0700

Amazon should allow you to return it. I would work with them to return the product. Otherwise you may be able to work with Adobe for return but it would depend on if the seller was an authorized reseller or not. This is why I would recommend trying to do a refund through Amazon first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am very appreciative of your help and impressed by the customer service from Amazon. They even provided me with a postage free return label. It would be helpful if Adobe had a label on the upgrade package noting that it would not work with Adobe Creative Suites. CS I understood meant creative suite, so CS3 should upgrade to CS5. Sue

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:24:51 -0700

Amazon should allow you to return it. I would work with them to return the product. Otherwise you may be able to work with Adobe for return but it would depend on if the seller was an authorized reseller or not. This is why I would recommend trying to do a refund through Amazon first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can see the products you would qualify by visiting our upgrade eligibility wizard at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/upgradeinfo.edu.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines