• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing happens when I run FlexPMD

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running FlexPMD 1.1.0.v201010171930 on Eclipse 3.5.

When I run the cut & paste check it works fine, but when I run the FlexPMD, it shows up as FlexPMD.running, but the View is always empty.

Here is what my log looks like:

Capture.PNG

Any idea how to fix this?

TOPICS
FlexPMD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am using Flex Builder 3 (with FlexPMD v1.2), and when I run FlexPMD I get no results.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem: FlexPMD runs, but no messages. I run it on windows 7. I searched for this problem, and found several workarounds. The only one that worked for me was to run flash builder '.. as administrator'. Only then will it produce results. Possibly windows7 poses some restriction on temporary files, and running as administrator helps. But it would be better if the problem were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem on Windows 7, the problem appeared to be related to the creation of a temp directory to store the pmd.xml.  Unfortunately FlashBuilder installs in Program Files and so permissions get all messed up when creating this folder.  Fortunately, you can configure FlexPMD to create the file elsewhere. 

To fix it:

go to  Window > Preferences > FlexPMD in FlashBuilder

change the "Java command line" to include -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\Temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Nothing happens when I run Flex PMD/Flex cut and paste option ". Please help !!

I am using Flex Builder 3 + Eclipse 3.3 version.

From the adobe forum, I came to know that Flex PMD plugin is tested from the Flex Builder 3 + Eclispe 3.4 version.

Does this mean that it wont work on earlier versions of Eclipse.

I have installed Flex PMD from the following link which contains version 1.0.0.v200912991712  http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flexpmd/plugin/trunk/flex-pmd-eclipse-plugin-site

and configured the Flex Plugin(jar files) of version 1.1 & 1.2.

Do I need to configure Jar files of version 1.0 as Flex PMD plugin version is 1.0?

FYI, there are no white spaces either in my workspace name or project name. Also changed the Java command line to temp directory.

But still Flex PMD view is empty.

Thanks in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chatrathi,

you said there is no whitespace in your workspace and project name, but is there any whitespace in your "FlexPMD command line installation" directory?  (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-126)

The only reasons I know for the result you describe are listed here: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexpmd/FlexPMD+Eclipse+plugin at the very bottom is a known issues list.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me--adding the re-direct for the Java temp directory. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

I was also struggling with same issue.

Using Flash Builder 4, was taking Flex PMD from: http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flexpmd/plugin/trunk/flex-pmd-eclipse-plugin-site

But when I was running FlexPMD nothing was coming.

SOULTION: I was using Java 7. I downgraded to Java 6 and now everything is working fine .

So, it seems FlexPMD is having issues with Java 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. You can't have white spaces in your workspace location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the no whitespaces tip! I'm sure I never would have thought of that myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Flash Builder 4.5 under Mac OS X running FlexPMD 1.2

I have no spaces in my directories. Flex PMD preferences are well configured.

When I run FlexPMD on my source directory, a task is starting for few seconds, Flex PMD view opens, but nothing is displayed in the view !

No visible errors of the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new workspace without spaces (my default workspace folder is "Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" so with spaces in it !) and Flex PMD is displaying results in PMD view !

I'm using plugin 1.2 version.

A bug exists but it seems it has been resolved in 1.2 version : http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-127

May be this fix is not working on Mac OS X ??

Anyone experiencing this problem ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pity that paths with spaces are still a problem in 2011. Surely Java must have a way of escaping them?

I could not even configure the plugin, because my initial installation of the command line tools was in Windows' "Program Files" folder ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Eclipse Indigo on Windows 7.  None of the usual fixes worked for me.  In the end, I tracked it down to the fact that the plugin was using a version of XStream that is incompatible with Java 7.  I checked out the source code, upgraded the XStream library, and redeployed the plugin into my Eclipse install.  It works perfectly now.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure who, if anyone, is maintaining FlexPMD these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean: ... incompatible with Windows 7. Can you be more specific about what you did, so other people can reproduce your results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I definitely mean Java 7.  Here's the StackOverflow question that pointed me in the right direction:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7966817/xstream-unmarshalling-type-specified-in-xml-not-visible.  Unfortunately, I can't really provide much more specific info without writing a tutorial on using SVN and writing an Eclipse Plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines