• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player upgrade issues 2

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to reply to my previous post here, so I have to start a new thread, this is what I ask in my previous post and Carl Myers replied, I did exactly, what he ask me to do, my conclusion at the bottom of this post.

Windows Vista 64 bit, IE8 32 & 64, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox

after upgrade to Flash Player 11, FP is not working in IE 32bit, Google chrome safari and firefox

tried to uninstall after saving file from this site on my desktop

remove remaning flash files sys32 and sys 64 in Macromed flash folder

disable CAinternet security suite from ipconfig start up

restart

save flash 11 files for activex and plugin on desktop

run as admin

plug in are enable in IE for Shockwave Flash Object

I have tried like 100 times

internet options check security level for internet medium high and Trusted sites medium, scripting is enable

Youtube works in HTML5

Flash Player is not working

run CCleaner

in syswow64\Macromed\Flash I have Flash11f.ocx, Flashinstall(text doc), flashplayer.xpt, Flashutil11f_ActiveX.dll, NPSWF32.dll, ActiveX red box with F, Plugin red box with f.

I need help to fix flash player badly, if you need to see registry files, please tell me how to find these files, I can paste them here.

After posting I did some research on registry

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Software

Wow6432Node

Macromedia

I have these folders

FlashPlayer.....11,1,102,62

FlashPlayerActiveX....11.1.102.62

FlashplayerPlugin.....11.1.102.62

Shockwave10... no version, just (Default)   REG_SZ    (value not set), subfolder 3rdptycode..(Default)  REG_SZ    32505889

I hope this information will help to identify the issue.

Carl Myers replied:

1. Download the current 64 bit uninstaller  
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller  
  3. Restart Windows  
  4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)  
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash  
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player  
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  5. Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ has been deleted. 
  6. The 64 bit Flash Player does not work with Vista 64 bit. 
  7. Download the 32 bit installers: Flash Player for Internet Explorer / Flash Player for other browsers 
  8. Close all browsers and run the installers. 
  9. Google Chrome has an embedded Flash Player, contact Google Chrome for support as you can not change the embbed Flash Player

Conclusion:

Flash Player still not working, even in Google Chrome, so I uninstall google chrome, run CCleaner and these were the registry errors in CCleaner

Unused File Extension .html - ChromeHTML HKCR\.html

Invalid Default Icon C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe,0 HKCR\MacromediaFlashPaper.MacromediaFlashPaper\DefaultIcon

Open with Application Issue "C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -- "%1" HKCR\MacromediaFlashPaper.MacromediaFlashPaper\shell\open

Obsolete software key RegisteredApplications HKCU\Software\RegisteredApplications

Missing MUI Reference C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

Unused File Extension .html - ChromeHTML HKCR\.html

Invalid Default Icon C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe,0 HKCR\MacromediaFlashPaper.MacromediaFlashPaper\DefaultIcon

Open with Application Issue "C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -- "%1" HKCR\MacromediaFlashPaper.MacromediaFlashPaper\shell\open

Obsolete software key RegisteredApplications HKCU\Software\RegisteredApplications

Missing MUI Reference C:\Users\sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

Also, when I uninstall flashplayer before I reinstall, I ran CCleaner, this was a registry error,

C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\Flashutil11f_ActiveX.exe ....Missing MUI Reference,  also FlashUtil11f_ActiveX.exe was missing in Syswow64\Macromed\Flash, and after clean install still FlashUtil11f_ActiveX.exe is missing.

I hope all this information helps. something is preventing flashplayer errors. Also I will not be able to reply to this post, so will be starting a new thread, sorry for the inconvenence.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What files are in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash after the clean install?

What is the contents of the FlashInstall file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines