• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashes instantly, cannot disable hardware acceleration - Ubuntu 11.10 Acer Aspire One

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit

Firefox 10.0.2 32 bit

Flash 11.1 r102

I have a Acer Aspire One netbook

As soon I hit "play" on a flash movie, flash player crashes

I have tried to disable hardware acceleration to eliminate that possibility, but the check box does not respond to input

I read that the flash player system controls do not respond when there are scrollbars around the screen (as there are on a small netbook screen) so I zoomed out to get rid of the scrollbars, but the systems setting menu is still unresponsive when I try to disable hardware acceleration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl, but as I mentioned:

>I have tried to disable hardware acceleration to eliminate that possibility, but the check box does not respond to input

eg. when I right slick on a player, the setting menu opens up, but the "Enable hardware" check box does not respond to a mouse click and remains on  I also tried tabbing around the settings menu and using the return key to select/ de-select but that doesn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your netbook still crash when you tried my suggestion?

What is your video adapter and driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

I am unable to disable hardware acceleration with your method, and yes the flash player still crashes

I think the video adaptor is a Intel GMA 945GMS

I can't find what video driver version it is - Ubuntu system information says "none" and I don't know how to find out otherwise on CLI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your video driver:

Have you tried 11.2 RC? http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-2.html

If the does not help, clean install back to 10.3: How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iuy9uyu

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware Acceleration is not supported on Linux. See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/911321

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'd like to take a look at the crash.

Please file a bug at bugbase.adobe.com, and include the URL to the site that causes the crash.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines