Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install patches 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 for robohelp 8

Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Robohelp 8 on an XP workstation and now trying to install (update) patches 8.0.1 and 8.0.2. No errors, they just don't install. Has somebody else encountered this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install from the RoboHelp menu?

Try downloading from http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

As you installed RoboHelp itself I assume you have admin rights, or were they just granted temporarily? You need them to install the patches as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I've tried both the Update menu and the link, to no avail. And yes, I'm logged in as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Help > About for the version and check Add / Remove Programs. Do they both say the same thing?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, About - Adobe Robohelp 8.0.0.203

A/R Programs - Robohelp 8.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked as I have seen discrepancies but that looks OK.

Has the machine been rebooted since installing RoboHelp?

Is this a first time install of RoboHelp? If not I wonder if there is something old in the registry causing a problem. You could try uninstalling with RevoUninstaller and then reinstalling. Use the Advanced setting in RevoUninstaller but only if you are happy using such programs, otherwise involve IT.

I don't know what else to suggest apart from contacting Tech Support as an installation issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Machine has been rebooted, and this is the first time Robohelp is installed on this workstation. However, the license is beeing transferred from another workstation that has been decommitted, but the license has never been 'deactivated'. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that the patches wouldn't install!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this install show as activated?

You are allowed two activations at any one time. If only on other PC that is OK. If also on a laptop, not OK.

Doubtful this is cause as that would prevent any use.

Do not open any real project without 802.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, installation shows as activated. I've redownloaded Robohelp 8 for Adobe Licensing website. Will give that a try next, although not too encouraging as the zip files are the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp