• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks

Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have seen the very nice connet cards produced from Presenter 7 - and I've two questions:

a) I can't seem to get the hyperlinks/web links in ppt working in the presenter 7 published version - I'm sure it's something simple, as it seems everything else woks?

b) does anyone know of any quick guides on putting a connet card together?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spoke with technical support and they tell me that Presenter does not have the capability to handle hyperlinks to other documents/websites.  You can do this in Captivate, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter does have the capability to handle hyperlinks, but they must either be a URL call (http://...) or a call to another location in the presentation. Hyperlinks to document will not work as local file path calls are not supported.

PPT likes to put drop shadows on hyperlinks and Presenter will drop the link if there is a drop shadow on it, so be sure to double check that if a link isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, we tested it with the tech support person and was initially told that Presenter does not do hyperlinks.  Then they called me back and had me change the Global Flash Security Settings to allow access.  Once that was done my hyperlinks work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta love when tech support tells you the wrong answer first !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, especially when I probably spent 4 hours or more trying different suggestions by everyone and trying to do further research.  It should be documented better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, playing flash content locally opens all kinds of new issues, since it is intended to be delivered over the web, and it gets angry when you play it locally and attempt to link to the web. That makes sense. If you published the presentation to a webserver (Connect or otherwise), then you would likely not see the link disabled. FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources