Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash/Shockwave issues. How to deal?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I was using Opera web browser for a while now. As soon as the new version of flash player came out, it is not recognizing it. I have been prompted to download the latest version of Flash over and over. So, I uninstalled OPERA and installed Google Chrome & tested a few others . The issue was that this and all other related Google web browsers were having Shockwave/flash crashes. This happens every time a you tube video is played.....

Hope there is a solution to this. Thanks 2 anyone who would be able to assist!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Pat!

It is Windows XP 32bit......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, it seems as if it crashes in my Internet Explorer as well. I usually use youtube as a test to see if it will play the videos straight through. That does not happen. Is there a glitch in Adobe Flash 11? If so where can I find the old file to Adobe Flash 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Carl! So after searching on S3 Graphic website, I was recommended to go to the original vendor for my PC. Saw an updated version of the drive , downloaded it. Went through uninstalling old flashes. Then came across a link from Adobe labs with a newer version of the flash (Adobe 11.2). Downloaded files for both Internet Explorer and for other browsers. Tried IE and it crashed not once but twice. I then decided to test it out by downloading Opera. Works fine with it.  So far so good. Did a test by playing a youtube vid.  ... Don't know what to do with the IE version maybe I will check back and see what happens......and probably report back. Thanks Guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I am replying to give an update. As stated, I updated my display adapter to the latest version I could find which was 2004 version of the S3 ProSavage DDR. Got the latest version of adobe. Seemed ok at first. However shockwave begins to crash for Opera, IE and even my Real Player browser. Question:  What other alternatives do I have at this point?Is there still an old version of Adobe Flash 10 somewhere?

Thanks for any help that is rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the FAQ with a link to our archived Flash Player versions

Where do I find previous versions of Flash Player?

I'd recommend following the "clean install" procedures listed out in this FAQ

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines