• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chart component Skinning?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to skin/alter the appearance of the component charts in flash builder.

Examples being:

Line chart, add larger bullets/circles to give more of a defined point along the line

Bar Chart: make the end of the bar rounded

for all charts alter the x/y label styles (colors, font, remove the default pale blue boxes)

If anyone could shed some light on how to do this or point me to a tutorial that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Charts can be skinned using styles on series and chart elements.

In line chart, "radius" property on LineSeries can be used to make the data points larger but that would need you to specify itemRenderer first for that series.

ex: <mx:LineSeries radius="40" yField="Profit" form="curve" displayName="Profit" itemRenderer="mx.charts.renderers.BoxItemRenderer"/>

shows boxes with radius 40

There is no property at present that directly rounds the corners of a bar. But one can create a custom item renderer that does rounding and can use it for bar chart instead of default BoxItemRenderer

Axis apperance can be changed by specifying styles on AxisRenderer.

For ex: not to show pale blue boxes, set "showLine" to false.

To change color of labels, set "color" style

To change font size of labels, set "fontSize" style.

Ex:

<mx:verticalAxis>

<mx:CategoryAxis dataProvider="{chartData}" categoryField="Month" id="c1"/>

</mx:verticalAxis>

<mx:verticalAxisRenderers>

<mx:AxisRenderer axis="{c1}" showLine="false" color="0x654321" fontSize="20"/>

</mx:verticalAxisRenderers>

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/charts/package-detail.html helps you get more details on available styles in flex chart components and their usage.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Deeptika. Would you know how I can customize the DataTips? I want to make them look more like a 'talk bubble'. Would i need to set up a custom itemRenderer? how would i apply that.

thanks again.

will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines