8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 1:42 AM by Manan Joshi RSS

SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

romanobstuder

Hi all

I would like to get into building ID extensions.

I am currently trying to work through the "getting-started.pdf".

My Mac and tools.

iMac with OS 10.7.3

InDesign CS 5.5 (Version 7.5)

Xcode Version 4.2.1 Build 4D502

I installed "Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK" inside my "Applications" Folder

I follow the instructions in the "getting-started":

Start by double-clicking on any SDK sample project.

This boots Xcode...

From then on I can not make any sense of the instructions, ie

1. Use the Active Target drop-down list on the top left corner of the project window to make sure you are

building the desired target.

2. Choose Build > Rebuild ### to do a clean rebuild of the project.

I then tried the Terminal approach to things...

The xcodebuild utility is useful for building XCode projects on the command line. For example, the

following builds the release target of the Basic dialog project:

xcodebuild -project BasicDialog.sdk.xcodeproj -target Release build

Yes I did cd myself into the correct folder first. But this made no difference.

Also:

We recommend that you have both the debug and

release applications. The debug application is

instrumented to detect bugs and is essential to

successful plug-in development.

What does that mean? Is there a different ID 5.5 that I need? Where do I get this?

Thank you for any hints

Romano

• 1. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...
          Manan Joshi Community Member

Romano,

Adobe recommends XCode 3.1.3 for Indesign plugin devlopment. I would recommend you go through the dev environment specs by Adobe before starting the development.

Secondly could you specify what error are you getting while trying to build from the XCode IDE.

And regarding the Debug and Release versions of Indesign, these are two versions of Indesign. Development is recommended on Debug version as it provides more debugging info and support that helps the developer. But it is difficult to get hold of the debug version, i suppose you need to a solution partner to adobe for getting it. However you can develop on release version too, you just need to create the release build of your project, though surely you will lack debugging features in this build.

Manan Joshi

- Efficient InDesign Solutions -

MetaDesign Solutions

http://metadesignsolutions.com/services/indesign-development.php

• 2. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...
            romanobstuder Community Member

Required component Notes

Intel® processor

Mac OS 10.5 or later

Xcode 3.1 Download this from

http://developer.apple.com/technologies/xcode.html

Hi Manan

Thank you for your response.

I realize you may only have some of the answers to this, so the following questions are still to anybody that can help or an Adobe Sysop of there is any in this forum.

The "getting-started" states Xcode 3.1, the link points at apples download page and that is the most current version of Xcode.

Not sure what that means, 3.1 just the minimum or the only one working?

Also where can I get 3.1 if I need it.

Solution Partner for Adobe:

You mean I need to become a Solution Partner or ask a Solution Partner to "lend" me a copy?

I will keep trying...

(Will also post the error codes a bit later...)

Thank you Manan and all the best

Romano

• 3. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

Here is the dump Terminal.

Not sure if this means anything to anybody...

Romano

studer-imac:prj studer$

studer-imac:prj studer$ pwd

/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj

studer-imac:prj studer$ xcodebuild -project BasicDialog.sdk.xcodeproj -target Release build

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET Release OF PROJECT BasicDialog.sdk WITH THE DEFAULT CONFIGURATION (Default) ===

2012-03-01 12:25:40.577 xcodebuild[1446:3e03] This process is attempting to exclude an item from Time Machine by path without administrator privileges. This is not supported.

2012-03-01 12:25:40.578 xcodebuild[1446:3e03] This process is attempting to exclude an item from Time Machine by path without administrator privileges. This is not supported.

2012-03-01 12:25:40.578 xcodebuild[1446:3e03] This process is attempting to exclude an item from Time Machine by path without administrator privileges. This is not supported.

Check dependencies

Preprocess build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Preprocessed-Info.plist ../../../source/sdksamples/common/Info.plist

cd "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

/Developer/usr/bin/gcc -E -P -x c -Wno-trigraphs ../../../source/sdksamples/common/Info.plist "-F/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK" -o "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Preprocessed-Info.pli st"

error: can't exec '/Developer/usr/bin/gcc' (No such file or directory)

PhaseScriptExecution "Run Script" build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Script-D8C837AA0F8EC49400085251.sh

cd "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

setenv ACTION build

setenv ALTERNATE_GROUP studer

setenv ALTERNATE_MODE u+w,go-w,a+rX

setenv ALTERNATE_OWNER studer

setenv ALWAYS_REZ YES

setenv ALWAYS_SEARCH_USER_PATHS YES

setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DEVELOPER_DIR /AppleInternal/Developer

setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DIR /AppleInternal

setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DOCUMENTATION_DIR /AppleInternal/Documentation

setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_LIBRARY_DIR /AppleInternal/Library

setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_TOOLS /AppleInternal/Developer/Tools

setenv APPLY_RULES_IN_COPY_FILES NO

setenv ARCHS i386

setenv ARCHS_STANDARD_32_64_BIT "x86_64 i386 ppc"

setenv ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT "i386 ppc"

setenv ARCHS_STANDARD_64_BIT x86_64

setenv ASL_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "../../../external/asl/boost_libraries/ ../../../external/asl/intel_tbb_libraries/include/ ../../../external/asl/adobe_source_libraries/"

setenv BIB_THROW BIB_NO_THROW

setenv BUILD_COMPONENTS "headers build"

setenv BUILD_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build"

setenv BUILD_ROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build"

setenv BUILD_STYLE Default

setenv BUILD_VARIANTS normal

setenv BUILT_APPLICATION_DIR ../../../build/mac/Release/packagefolder/contents/macos/

setenv BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK"

setenv CACHE_ROOT /var/folders/8s/vxz9psl48xl5j0006s6r9qlh0000gp/C/com.apple.Xcode.502

setenv CCHROOT /var/folders/8s/vxz9psl48xl5j0006s6r9qlh0000gp/C/com.apple.Xcode.502

setenv CHMOD /bin/chmod

setenv CHOWN /usr/sbin/chown

setenv CLASS_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/JavaClasses"

setenv CLEAN_PRECOMPS YES

setenv CLONE_HEADERS NO

setenv CODESIGNING_FOLDER_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK/BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A"

setenv CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED YES

setenv COMMAND_MODE legacy

setenv COMPOSITE_SDK_DIRS /var/folders/8s/vxz9psl48xl5j0006s6r9qlh0000gp/C/com.apple.Xcode.502/CompositeSDKs

setenv CONFIGURATION Default

setenv CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK"

setenv CONFIGURATION_TEMP_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default"

setenv CONTENTS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A

setenv COPYING_PRESERVES_HFS_DATA NO

setenv COPY_PHASE_STRIP YES

setenv COPY_RESOURCES_FROM_STATIC_FRAMEWORKS YES

setenv CP /bin/cp

setenv CURRENT_ARCH i386

setenv CURRENT_VARIANT normal

setenv CURRENT_VERSION Current

setenv DEAD_CODE_STRIPPING YES

setenv DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS YES

setenv DEBUG_INFORMATION_FORMAT dwarf

setenv DEPLOYMENT_LOCATION NO

setenv DEPLOYMENT_POSTPROCESSING NO

setenv DERIVED_FILES_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/DerivedSources"

setenv DERIVED_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/DerivedSources"

setenv DERIVED_SOURCES_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/DerivedSources"

setenv DEVELOPER_APPLICATIONS_DIR /Developer/Applications

setenv DEVELOPER_BIN_DIR /Developer/usr/bin

setenv DEVELOPER_DIR /Developer

setenv DEVELOPER_FRAMEWORKS_DIR /Developer/Library/Frameworks

setenv DEVELOPER_FRAMEWORKS_DIR_QUOTED "\"/Developer/Library/Frameworks\""

setenv DEVELOPER_LIBRARY_DIR /Developer/Library

setenv DEVELOPER_SDK_DIR /Developer/SDKs

setenv DEVELOPER_TOOLS_DIR /Developer/Tools

setenv DEVELOPER_USR_DIR /Developer/usr

setenv DEVELOPMENT_LANGUAGE English

setenv DOCUMENTATION_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Documentation

setenv DO_HEADER_SCANNING_IN_JAM NO

setenv DSTROOT /tmp/BasicDialog.sdk.dst

setenv DWARF_DSYM_FILE_NAME BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin.dSYM

setenv DWARF_DSYM_FOLDER_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK"

setenv DYLIB_INSTALL_NAME_BASE ./

setenv ENABLE_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES YES

setenv ENABLE_OPENMP_SUPPORT NO

setenv EXCLUDED_INSTALLSRC_SUBDIRECTORY_PATTERNS ".svn CVS"

setenv EXCLUDED_RECURSIVE_SEARCH_PATH_SUBDIRECTORIES "*.nib *.lproj *.framework *.gch (*) CVS .svn *.xcodeproj *.xcode *.pbproj *.pbxproj"

setenv EXECUTABLES_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj

setenv EXECUTABLE_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A

setenv EXECUTABLE_NAME BasicDialog.sdk

setenv EXECUTABLE_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/BasicDialog.sdk

setenv FILE_LIST "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Objects/LinkFileList"

setenv FIXED_FILES_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/FixedFiles"

setenv FRAMEWORKS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Frameworks

setenv FRAMEWORK_FLAG_PREFIX -framework

setenv FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS "\"/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK\"  ../../../build/mac/release/packagefolder/contents/macos ../../../build/mac/release/packagefolder/contents/Frameworks"

setenv FRAMEWORK_VERSION A

setenv FULL_PRODUCT_NAME BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin

setenv GCC3_VERSION 3.3

setenv GCC_ENABLE_CPP_EXCEPTIONS YES

setenv GCC_ENABLE_CPP_RTTI YES

setenv GCC_ENABLE_SYMBOL_SEPARATION YES

setenv GCC_GENERATE_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS YES

setenv GCC_INCREASE_PRECOMPILED_HEADER_SHARING YES

setenv GCC_INLINES_ARE_PRIVATE_EXTERN YES

setenv GCC_INPUT_FILETYPE sourcecode.cpp.cpp

setenv GCC_MODEL_TUNING G5

setenv GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL 3

setenv GCC_PFE_FILE_C_DIALECTS "c objective-c c++ objective-c++"

setenv GCC_PRECOMPILE_PREFIX_HEADER YES

setenv GCC_PREFIX_HEADER ../../../source/precomp/gcc/PluginPrefix.pch

setenv GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS " MACINTOSH MACOSX_SDKVERSION=1050 BIB_NO_THROW NDEBUG"

setenv GCC_SYMBOLS_PRIVATE_EXTERN YES

setenv GCC_THREADSAFE_STATICS NO

setenv GCC_TREAT_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS YES

setenv GCC_VERSION 4.0

setenv GCC_VERSION_IDENTIFIER __0

setenv GCC_WARN_ABOUT_DEPRECATED_FUNCTIONS NO

setenv GCC_WARN_ABOUT_MISSING_PROTOTYPES YES

setenv GCC_WARN_ABOUT_RETURN_TYPE YES

setenv GCC_WARN_CHECK_SWITCH_STATEMENTS NO

setenv GCC_WARN_HIDDEN_VIRTUAL_FUNCTIONS YES

setenv GCC_WARN_INHIBIT_ALL_WARNINGS NO

setenv GCC_WARN_INITIALIZER_NOT_FULLY_BRACKETED YES

setenv GCC_WARN_MISSING_PARENTHESES YES

setenv GCC_WARN_NON_VIRTUAL_DESTRUCTOR NO

setenv GCC_WARN_SHADOW YES

setenv GCC_WARN_UNUSED_FUNCTION YES

setenv GCC_WARN_UNUSED_LABEL YES

setenv GCC_WARN_UNUSED_PARAMETER YES

setenv GCC_WARN_UNUSED_VALUE YES

setenv GCC_WARN_UNUSED_VARIABLE NO

setenv GENERATE_MASTER_OBJECT_FILE NO

setenv GENERATE_PKGINFO_FILE NO

setenv GENERATE_PROFILING_CODE NO

setenv GID 502

setenv GROUP studer

setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_FLAT_ENTRIES_FOR_TARGET_BEING_BUILT YES

setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_FRAMEWORK_ENTRIES_FOR_ALL_PRODUCT_TYPES YES

setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_NONPUBLIC_NONPRIVATE_HEADERS YES

setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_PROJECT_HEADERS YES

setenv HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "\"/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK/include\" /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon ../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/precomp/gcc ../../../source/public/includes  ../../../source/public/interfaces/architecture ../../../source/public/interfaces/utils ../../../source/public/interfaces/xmedia ../../../source/public/libs/widgetbin/includes ../../../source/open/includes/** ../../../source/open/interfaces/** ../../../source/open/libs/widgetbin/includes ../../../external/asl/boost_libraries/ ../../../external/asl/intel_tbb_libraries/include/ ../../../external/asl/adobe_source_libraries/ ../../../external/afl/includes ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/public/interfaces/xmedia ../../../source/public/interfaces/ui ../../../source/public/interfaces/tables ../../../source/public/interfaces/text ../../../source/public/interfaces/graphics ../../../source/public/components/widgetbin/includes ../../../source/public/interfaces/workgroup ../../../source/public/interfaces/interactive ../../../source/public/interfaces/interactive/ui ../../../source/public/interfaces/colormgmt ../../../source/public/interfaces/utils ../../../source/public/interfaces/incopy ../../../source/public/interfaces/layout ../../../source/public/interfaces/architecture ../../../source/public/interfaces/cjk ../../../source/public/facades/graphics ../../../source/public/facades/text ../../../source/public/facades/layout ../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/public/includes ../../../source/public/components/publiclib/plugins ../../../source/public/components/publiclib/files ../../../source/public/components/publiclib/objectmodel ../../../source/sdksamples/common ../../../external/afl/includes"

setenv ICONV /usr/bin/iconv

setenv IC_CREATOR "\"InCp\""

setenv ID_ALLPUBLIC_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/precomp/gcc ../../../source/public/includes ../../../source/public/interfaces/** ../../../source/public/libs/widgetbin/includes"

setenv ID_APPLICATION_TYPE "\"APPL\""

setenv ID_BUILD_CONFIG_COMMON YES

setenv ID_BUILD_CONFIG_COMMON_RELEASE YES

setenv ID_BUILD_CONFIG_PLUGIN_RELEASE YES

setenv ID_BUILD_CONFIG_PLUGIN_SDK YES

setenv ID_BUILT_SDK_SAMPLES_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK"

setenv ID_COMMON_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon ../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/precomp/gcc ../../../source/public/includes  ../../../source/public/interfaces/architecture ../../../source/public/interfaces/utils ../../../source/public/interfaces/xmedia ../../../source/public/libs/widgetbin/includes ../../../source/open/includes/** ../../../source/open/interfaces/** ../../../source/open/libs/widgetbin/includes ../../../external/asl/boost_libraries/ ../../../external/asl/intel_tbb_libraries/include/ ../../../external/asl/adobe_source_libraries/"

setenv ID_COMMON_REZ_SEARCH_PATHS "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon ../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/public/includes"

setenv ID_CREATOR "\"InDn\""

setenv ID_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release"

setenv ID_FUTURE_VERSION_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/packagefolder/contents/macos/future version"

setenv ID_OPEN_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "../../../source/open/includes/** ../../../source/open/interfaces/** ../../../source/open/libs/widgetbin/includes"

setenv ID_PLUGINS_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/plug-ins"

setenv ID_PLUGIN_OPTIONAL_TYPE "\"InDa\""

setenv ID_PLUGIN_REQUIRED_TYPE "\"InDr\""

setenv ID_PLUGIN_SDK_TYPE "\"InD3\""

setenv ID_PRJ_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

setenv ID_PUBLIC_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS "../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/precomp/gcc ../../../source/public/includes  ../../../source/public/interfaces/architecture ../../../source/public/interfaces/utils ../../../source/public/interfaces/xmedia ../../../source/public/libs/widgetbin/includes"

setenv ID_REQUIRED_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/packagefolder/contents/macos/required"

setenv ID_SDK_ROOT ../../..

setenv ID_SHARED_PRECOMPS_ROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders"

setenv ID_TESTING_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/packagefolder/contents/macos/testing"

setenv ID_TOOLS_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/tools"

setenv INFOPLISTSTRINGS_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

setenv INFOPLIST_EXPAND_BUILD_SETTINGS YES

setenv INFOPLIST_FILE ../../../source/sdksamples/common/Info.plist

setenv INFOPLIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT same-as-input

setenv INFOPLIST_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist

setenv INFOPLIST_PREPROCESS YES

setenv INSTALL_DIR /tmp/BasicDialog.sdk.dst./

setenv INSTALL_GROUP studer

setenv INSTALL_MODE_FLAG u+w,go-w,a+rX

setenv INSTALL_OWNER studer

setenv INSTALL_PATH ./

setenv INSTALL_ROOT /tmp/BasicDialog.sdk.dst

setenv JAVAC_DEFAULT_FLAGS "-J-Xms64m -J-XX:NewSize=4M -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF8"

setenv JAVA_APP_STUB /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

setenv JAVA_ARCHIVE_CLASSES YES

setenv JAVA_ARCHIVE_TYPE JAR

setenv JAVA_COMPILER /usr/bin/javac

setenv JAVA_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/Java

setenv JAVA_FRAMEWORK_RESOURCES_DIRS Resources

setenv JAVA_JAR_FLAGS cv

setenv JAVA_SOURCE_SUBDIR .

setenv JAVA_USE_DEPENDENCIES YES

setenv JAVA_ZIP_FLAGS -urg

setenv JIKES_DEFAULT_FLAGS "+E +OLDCSO"

setenv KEEP_PRIVATE_EXTERNS NO

setenv LD_DYLIB_INSTALL_NAME ./BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/BasicDialog.sdk

setenv LD_GENERATE_MAP_FILE NO

setenv LD_MAP_FILE_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/BasicDialog.sdk-LinkM ap-normal-i386.txt"

setenv LD_OPENMP_FLAGS -fopenmp

setenv LEX /Developer/usr/bin/lex

setenv LIBRARY_FLAG_NOSPACE YES

setenv LIBRARY_FLAG_PREFIX -l

setenv LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS "\"/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK\"  ../../../build/mac/release/packagefolder/contents/macos/libs"

setenv LINKER_DISPLAYS_MANGLED_NAMES NO

setenv LINK_FILE_LIST_normal_i386 "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Objects-normal/i386/B asicDialog.sdk.LinkFileList"

setenv LINK_WITH_STANDARD_LIBRARIES YES

setenv LOCALIZED_RESOURCES_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj

setenv LOCAL_ADMIN_APPS_DIR /Applications/Utilities

setenv LOCAL_APPS_DIR /Applications

setenv LOCAL_DEVELOPER_DIR /Library/Developer

setenv LOCAL_LIBRARY_DIR /Library

setenv MACH_O_TYPE mh_dylib

setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5

setenv MACOSX_SDKVERSION 1050

setenv MAC_OS_X_VERSION_ACTUAL 1073

setenv MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAJOR 1070

setenv MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MINOR 0703

setenv NATIVE_ARCH i386

setenv NATIVE_ARCH_32_BIT i386

setenv NATIVE_ARCH_64_BIT x86_64

setenv NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL x86_64

setenv NO_COMMON YES

setenv OBJECT_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Objects"

setenv OBJECT_FILE_DIR_normal "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Objects-normal"

setenv OBJROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build"

setenv ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH NO

setenv ONLY_LINK_ESSENTIAL_SYMBOLS YES

setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL 0

setenv OS MACOS

setenv OSAC /usr/bin/osacompile

setenv OS_HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon

setenv OTHER_LDFLAGS "-Wl,-executable_path -Wl,../../../build/mac/Release/packagefolder/contents/macos/"

setenv OTHER_REZFLAGS "-d __GNUC__ -d MACINTOSH"

setenv PACKAGE_TYPE com.apple.package-type.wrapper.framework

setenv PASCAL_STRINGS YES

setenv PATH_PREFIXES_EXCLUDED_FROM_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES "/usr/include /usr/local/include /System/Library/Frameworks /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks /Developer/Headers /Developer/SDKs /Developer/Platforms"

setenv PBDEVELOPMENTPLIST_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/pbdevelopment.plist

setenv PER_ARCH_CFLAGS_i386 -DMACTEL_SKIP

setenv PFE_FILE_C_DIALECTS c++

setenv PKGINFO_FILE_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/PkgInfo"

setenv PKGINFO_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/PkgInfo

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_APPLICATIONS_DIR /Developer/Applications

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_BIN_DIR /Developer/usr/bin

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_LIBRARY_DIR /Developer/Library

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_SDK_DIR /Developer/SDKs

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS_DIR /Developer/Tools

setenv PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_USR_DIR /Developer/usr

setenv PLATFORM_NAME macosx

setenv PLC_GENERATE_PKGINFO_FILE YES

setenv PLC_INCLUDES "/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon ../../../source/precomp/** ../../../source/public/includes ../../../source/components/documentui ../../../source/components/documentactions ../../../source/application/shared ../../../source/components/s4sp/control/includes ../../../source/components/kfkerning/hzincludes ../../../source/components/filters/pngfilter ../../../external/application\\ icons ../../../external/workflow\\ icons"

setenv PLC_OUTPUT_CREATOR InDn

setenv PLC_OUTPUT_TYPE InDa

setenv PLIST_FILE_OUTPUT_FORMAT same-as-input

setenv PLUGINS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources

setenv PREBINDING NO

setenv PRECOMPS_INCLUDE_HEADERS_FROM_BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR YES

setenv PRECOMP_DESTINATION_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/PrefixHeaders"

setenv PRESERVE_DEAD_CODE_INITS_AND_TERMS YES

setenv PRIVATE_HEADERS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/PrivateHeaders

setenv PRODUCT_NAME BasicDialog.sdk

setenv PRODUCT_SETTINGS_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../../../source/sdksamples/common/Info.plist"

setenv PRODUCT_TYPE com.apple.product-type.framework

setenv PROFILING_CODE NO

setenv PROJECT BasicDialog.sdk

setenv PROJECT_DERIVED_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/DerivedSources"

setenv PROJECT_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

setenv PROJECT_FILE_PATH "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/BasicDialog.sdk.xcodeproj"

setenv PROJECT_NAME BasicDialog.sdk

setenv PROJECT_TEMP_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build"

setenv PUBLIC_HEADERS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Headers

setenv RECURSIVE_SEARCH_PATHS_FOLLOW_SYMLINKS YES

setenv REMOVE_CVS_FROM_RESOURCES YES

setenv REMOVE_SVN_FROM_RESOURCES YES

setenv REZ_COLLECTOR_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/ResourceManagerResour ces"

setenv REZ_OBJECTS_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/ResourceManagerResour ces/Objects"

setenv REZ_SEARCH_PATHS "\"/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK\" /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon ../../../source/precomp/common ../../../source/precomp/msvc ../../../source/public/includes ../../../external/palettes ../../../external/workflow icons"

setenv RUN_CLANG_STATIC_ANALYZER YES

setenv SCAN_ALL_SOURCE_FILES_FOR_INCLUDES YES

setenv SCRIPTS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/Scripts

setenv SCRIPT_INPUT_FILE_COUNT 0

setenv SCRIPT_OUTPUT_FILE_COUNT 0

setenv SDKROOT /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

setenv SDK_DIR /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

setenv SDK_NAME macosx10.5

setenv SED /usr/bin/sed

setenv SEPARATE_STRIP NO

setenv SEPARATE_SYMBOL_EDIT NO

setenv SET_DIR_MODE_OWNER_GROUP YES

setenv SET_FILE_MODE_OWNER_GROUP NO

setenv SHARED_DERIVED_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK/DerivedSources"

setenv SHARED_FRAMEWORKS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/SharedFrameworks

setenv SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Release"

setenv SHARED_SUPPORT_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources

setenv SKIP_INSTALL YES

setenv SOURCE_ROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

setenv SRCROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj"

setenv STANDARD_C_PLUS_PLUS_LIBRARY_TYPE dynamic

setenv STRINGS_FILE_OUTPUT_ENCODING UTF-16

setenv STRIP_INSTALLED_PRODUCT YES

setenv STRIP_STYLE debugging

setenv SYMBOL_REPOSITORY_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/SymbolRepositories"

setenv SYMROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build"

setenv SYSTEM_ADMIN_APPS_DIR /Applications/Utilities

setenv SYSTEM_APPS_DIR /Applications

setenv SYSTEM_CORE_SERVICES_DIR /System/Library/CoreServices

setenv SYSTEM_DEMOS_DIR /Applications/Extras

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_APPS_DIR /Developer/Applications

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_BIN_DIR /Developer/usr/bin

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DEMOS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Utilities/Built Examples"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR /Developer

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DOC_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_GRAPHICS_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Graphics Tools"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_JAVA_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Java Tools"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_PERFORMANCE_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Performance Tools"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_RELEASENOTES_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/releasenotes"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS /Developer/Tools

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS_DOC_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/documentation/DeveloperTools"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS_RELEASENOTES_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/releasenotes/DeveloperTools"

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_USR_DIR /Developer/usr

setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_UTILITIES_DIR /Developer/Applications/Utilities

setenv SYSTEM_DOCUMENTATION_DIR /Library/Documentation

setenv SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DIR /System/Library

setenv TARGETNAME Release

setenv TARGET_BUILD_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/../Release/SDK"

setenv TARGET_NAME Release

setenv TARGET_TEMP_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build"

setenv TEMP_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build"

setenv TEMP_FILES_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build"

setenv TEMP_FILE_DIR "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build"

setenv TEMP_ROOT "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build"

setenv UID 502

setenv UNLOCALIZED_RESOURCES_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources

setenv UNSTRIPPED_PRODUCT NO

setenv USER studer

setenv USER_APPS_DIR /Users/studer/Applications

setenv USER_LIBRARY_DIR /Users/studer/Library

setenv USE_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC YES

setenv USE_HEADERMAP YES

setenv USE_HEADER_SYMLINKS NO

setenv VALIDATE_PRODUCT NO

setenv VALID_ARCHS "i386 x86_64"

setenv VERBOSE_PBXCP NO

setenv VERSIONPLIST_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A/Resources/version.plist

setenv VERSIONS_FOLDER_PATH BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin/Versions

setenv VERSION_INFO_BUILDER studer

setenv VERSION_INFO_FILE BasicDialog.sdk_vers.c

setenv VERSION_INFO_STRING "\"@(#)PROGRAM:BasicDialog.sdk  PROJECT:BasicDialog.sdk-\""

setenv WARNING_CFLAGS "-Wchar-subscripts -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point -Winit-self -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wpacked"

setenv WRAPPER_EXTENSION InDesignPlugin

setenv WRAPPER_NAME BasicDialog.sdk.InDesignPlugin

setenv WRAPPER_SUFFIX .InDesignPlugin

setenv XCODE_APP_SUPPORT_DIR /Developer/Library/Xcode

setenv XCODE_VERSION_ACTUAL 0323

setenv XCODE_VERSION_MAJOR 0300

setenv XCODE_VERSION_MINOR 0320

setenv YACC /Developer/usr/bin/yacc

/bin/sh -c "\"/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Script-D8C837AA0F8EC4 9400085251.sh\""

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

Release:

Preprocess "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5 SDK/build/mac/prj/build/BasicDialog.sdk.build/Default/Release.build/Preprocessed-Info.pli st" ../../../source/sdksamples/common/Info.plist

(1 failure)

studer-imac:prj studer$

• 4. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

I have now installed Xcode 3.2.3

I am trying to compile a sample file and get this error:

error: can't exec '/Developer/usr/bin/gcc' (No such file or directory)

from the command line typing "gcc" does this:

studer-imac:bin studer$ gcc

i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2: no input files

studer-imac:bin studer$

from the command line typing "which gcc" does this:

studer-imac:bin studer$ which gcc

/usr/bin/gcc

studer-imac:bin studer$

This tells me that the compiler is present...

why would Xcode not find it?

• 5. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

Hi Romano,

For details regarding getting the Debug version of Indesign you could refer to the link

"http://blogs.adobe.com/notesfrommnr/2005/08/heres_how_to_ge.html"

Manan Joshi

MetaDesign Solutions

• 6. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

As far as i can make from the command prompt display and the error you are getting, you have your XCode installation wrong.

Because Indesign plugin projects require gcc 4.0, but the command prompt display shows the gcc version as 4.2, moreover the error you are getting says the absence of gcc at the location '/Developer/usr/bin/gcc'.

How did you install 3.2.3, did you install it after you installed Xcode 4. As far as i know you should first to install Xcode 3 and then install XCode4. I have installed it that way in my MAC and everything works fine the only difference is that i am on a Snow Leopard.

Hope this helps you.

Manan Joshi

MetaDesign Solutions

• 7. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

When istalling Xcode 3 the installation gets placed on the hard drive in a folder called XCode3.2.3

When istalling Xcode 4 the installation gets placed on the hard drive in a folder called Developer

I tried to be very smart and renamed the folders into something that like XCode3_stuff and XCode4_Stuff...

big mistake....

Anyway all back to default and I can now compile!

Yahoo

Thanks Manan for hanging in there with me

Ciao

Romano

• 8. Re: SDK newby, Building my first sample – no go...

Good to know that you have finally got it up and working.

If the problem is resolved it's better you mark the question as answered to help others looking for a solution to the problem.

Manan Joshi

MetaDesign Solutions