• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to replace missing bookmarks

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 8 html. I have a great number of missing bookmarks. I found out about them when I saw a x through the topics in my table of contents.

I've been fixing them by hand by finding the missing bookmark in my topics pod. Is there a more expedient way to do this rather than tediously by hand? I'm not very familiar with creating scripts yet, so I'm looking for another answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. I'm guessing that these bookmarks are all different? If you have access to a find and replace tool (like FAR HTML) you could readd them that way but it would mean separate finds and replaces would need to be done. In this instance it may be easier to carry on the way you are doing it. Would it may be easier to find out why the bookmarks are missing and roll back to that version?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, the scripting interface can not access missing links. The only way to do this via scripting would be to check alle the links in your TOC/topics and search whether the target of the link exists. But even if you find links to pages/bookmarks that do not exist, what should the script do? Remove the link? Add a bookmark? Not so easy as it sounds I'm afraid.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Willam,

actually the bookmarks are in the project files; they were dropped from the table of contents. maybe I could just edit or create a new tofc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could certainly do that if the bookmarks exist.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think since the structure exists in the present tofc that I want, I think what I'm doing now--just dragging the bookmark topics into their original places in the tofc--is probably less time consuming than having to create a new tofc and drag the bookmarks in anyway.

I have about 1000 bookmarks I'm having to place back in the tofc, about 2 days work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

If memory serves, Luviola is using linked Word documents. When you work with linked Word documents you need to be very careful about how things are named. You can't simply change names and titles willy nilly in the Word document and expect things to be fine in RoboHelp.

My guess is that perhaps a document name or some other aspect changed that caused the broken links to occur in the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that comment, Rick. I do have linked Word documents, but none of them were involved with these bookmarks. I inherited this project with the bookmarks and I later started using the link Word documents feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, so I've recreated the tofc by dragging the bookmarks into the tofc. because the bookmarks were renamed in the tofc, I copied and replaced the name of the moved bookmark to match the old, then deleted the xmarked tofc name. Now I've got 336 broken links, all pointing to tofc references! when I try to delete these references they take away my newly moved bookmarks.I'm frustrated about how to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp