Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hide partially-shown text lines on dynamic textfield

Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to hide partially shown text lines on a dynamic textfield that has more text than its size can hold? I want to avoid the situation found on the picture below by simply not showing the areas in red (the text comes from lots of sources, so I don't have control over it).

textoverflow.jpg

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create your TextField with script the text will never be chopped off regardless of the height of the TextField.

--

Kenneth Kawamoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem: my textfield was created with autosize set to left and masked by a cover sprite, so its size was not the one I was setting but since it was masked, I was not seeing its entires content. By setting autosize to none I was able to avoid the partial drawn lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines