• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Crashes and Freezes in Firefox (64bit Win 7)

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel i5 2500

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Driver version 8.15.10.2622)

Windows 7 64bit

Firefox Version: tried on 10.0, 9.0 and 9.1.0 (No add-ons installed)

Flash Player Version: 11.1.102.55

Firefox always crashes after 2-3 seconds of youtube video, or any other flash-content page or even on this page, which detects your flash version http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

I have no addons installed.

This is a clean system instalation, that I created just for this matter, problem appeared in the beggining. Problem remains after updating system drivers (graphic drivers) to the latest. I have tried to turn off or on the hardware acceleration in Flash settings. It doesn't make any difference.

When this happens, Firefox completely freezes, then I go to Windows Task Manager and kill plugin-container.dll in Processes tab. As soon as I kill the process, Firefox is live again, but not the flash content, obviously. Error message displays instead of Flash content (Adobe Flash crashed, etc etc). Error report is not being generated at this case (No Report Available).

Google Chrome works fine, but I also need to use Firefox and view flash content in Firefox. It's part of my job.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem which I can recreate each time I go on youtube.

I'm using FF10.0 on a Windows 7-64, Intel i5 2400, ATI HD6900 (driver 8.930.0.0). I tried flash 11.1.102.55 as well as the beta 11.2.202.197.

I tried activating the hardware acceleration as well as deactivating it, but each time I watch a video it freezes. The only way I can watch the video is if I put fullscreen straight away then it works while I'm in fullscreen. Whenever I leave fullscreen mode, it freezes.

Also, I tried a clean installation of Flash by first removing the old version using the tool http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe and reinstalling Flash. It works well until I restart Firefox. Then it's back to square one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. 

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit), Intel i7 chip with 8MB RAM and a 1TB hard drive. 

No matter what browser I use, when I try to watch a video (youtube for example), the player opens then I hear some sound, then it freezes before showing any video.  This started happening about 3 months ago.  I'm not sure what to do to fix.  There was a time when I found a flash patch for 10.1 (I think) and the computer worked well after the patch (by a third party), but when the websites went to a newer version of flash, then anytime I try to watch a video, the screen freezes after a few seconds.  I try closing firefox, but it doesn't work, so I try ctrl+alt+delete, but then the computer completely freezes, so I have to do a hard (manual) reboot.

There was a time when I had a similar situation to jounglotte where I removed the flash, then reinstalled and I could watch videos until I restarted Firefox or the computer, then it would start freezing again. 

It's very frustrating. 

I found this page, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/822/cpsid_82252.html but can't figure out how to re-create the adobe preferences, so I'm stuck.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried under Opera and everything was working correctly so I checked the Firefox forums and found a solution which seems to work fine for me since I tried several times and FF isn't freezing anymore. I downloaded adwcleaner to clean my computer from adware : http://general-changelog-team.fr/telechargements/logiciels/viewdownload/75-outils-de-xplode/28-adwcl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thank you for the report.  Would you mind taking a look at this FAQ which gives details on what we'll need and how to report these crashes?

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no crash logs since FF10 freezed and I had to "unfreeze" it by killing the plugincontainer. I believe my problem which occured mainly on any youtube video was caused by ask.com adware. Using the tool I posted removed this adware and the problem was gone. It might have been another malware though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face a similar problem.

Both in a Win7 64bit with a Athlon processor and 4GB as a netbook with Atom processor and Win7 32bit.

I'm using Firefox 10.0.2.

The freeze occurs on pages with embedded videos from youtube and a example can be viewed by accessing http://iasd.quixabeira.com/filhosdapromessa/videos/ from Firefox.

The same does not happen in other browsers like Chrome and Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ialima7,

Does disabling hardware acceleration make any difference?  Where you able to report the crash to us using the steps outlined in my post above this?

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you reply.

I think I found the cause of my problems. The videos hosted on the great news website http://www.globo.com/. They use a script that adds video advertising before and after the main video. This script must be causing joint failure in Flash and Firefox when opened with other applications in Flash, such as YouTube. This is what caused the problem on my site.

But in other browsers this problem does not occur. It can be considered an interference between these three applications: Firefox, Flash and script of the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines